DIY LED Flasher Mod

thumb_up.gif
huge thanks

Nice writeup, Omar! Glad you're getting to these things instead of worrying about the motor.

Nice write up om.

Just an FYI when I did this mod I used a HD flasher relay from an auto parts store.  They are intended to fix just such a problem, just like the one you used.  However, the one that I had only had two pins on it.  The install was a little simpler because all I had to do was push the two pins out and attach them to the new relay.

Here's a write up like I used.

2-pole flasher mod.

Nice write up om.

Just an FYI when I did this mod I used a HD flasher relay from an auto parts store. They are intended to fix just such a problem, just like the one you used. However, the one that I had only had two pins on it. The install was a little simpler because all I had to do was push the two pins out and attach them to the new relay.

Here's a write up like I used.

2-pole flasher mod.
I originally used an HD flasher and it didn't work. I have *ALL* LEDs - there just wasn't enough load to make the HD flasher function. I had to go the electronic route; something specifically for LEDs.

Here's another flasher to use also. This one work perfectly.

Custom Led

They also have a programmable flasher, on the same page!

Can't remember what year your bike is Omar; but on the 03 you need to use the light blue and orange with green tracer wire. Same locations; just different color wire.
Just did mine this evening. :thumbsup:

Wow, good write up. I can't beleve I didn't notice this till now. I left my fast flash rate thinking it might get a little more attention then the standard rate. Now I know how to fix it if needed. :thumbsup:

Did the mod and it worked great; they flash at the stock speed. The LED lights look great are bright day and night. Thanks, a lot for the write up. :thumbsup::bowdown::beerchug:

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365(1).jpg

Have a question:

I am running two 35watt HID with ballasts etc. Plus I want to do this LED tower turn signal mod. Will this be too much draw on the stock harness and should I get a relay harness for the HID system? How much power do each of the LED towers use?

thx

U know what I ain't gonna do this mod, cause I'm just not wanting to do so,
but DUDE, you are awesome presenting material and visually adding the images very nice job. Must have been a bit time consuming to present this in this professional easy to understand and easy to implement fashion. Really nice work.
Thanks,

Left of Center Tree Busa ( might make this my new handle)
or whatever you call these days.

You have just made my day omslaw!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I also love the screen name. I bet some people don't get the name and you answering an electric problem. Thanks again!!!!

How many LED bulbs do you have?

Also, what color were the wires you tapped into/removed? What's going where based on your picture?

Last edited:
Back