Difference between HID and Hyper Halogen Bulbs?

i went with the 6000 low beam and the 4300 high beam

the 6000 has enough of a bluish tint that it stands out when i am running through town and other drivers definitely notice it so they don't pull out in front of me

i do a lot of riding at night so i went ahead with a high beam...as the bug noted, the 4300 puts out the most light and it is a more natural color than the higher temp bulbs

i can definitely tell a difference when i flick the high beam on...the HID low beam lights up the road better than the OEM low and high beams together...however, the HID high beam is unbelievable...road signs will start to glow before you are even close enough to read them (and so will little eyes next to the road and in the edge of the woods)

one word of caution on the 4300 bulbs...when i was researching before i purchased mine, i was told not to buy the 4300 low beam...apparently, the color of the light it emits is close to the same color as the sun...if you are riding at sunrise or sunset and happen to be traveling with the sun behind you, your light blends into the sky behind you and oncoming traffic will not spot you as easily

Honestly,

Best HID kit for the money hands down IMO is
DDM HID Kits

How can you beat the price? and a lifetime warranty to boot!

All my buddies run them, I run them, we use them in our cars as well... Never an issue as of yet!

Does xenonking have any kits with 4300k high beams? I want to get 4300k high with the 6000k low. But I cant find a kit with the 4300k option. And is it better to have 35 watt or 55 watt ballasts? Thanks for the help.

Actually anything that is not stock from the factory is illegal especially aftermarket exhaust as for head lights it can only be replaced with the manufactures origional or equivalent. Same goes for wind screens..

I REALLY hope you are trying to be funny or sarcastic, cus this couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZIN
Actually anything that is not stock from the factory is illegal especially aftermarket exhaust as for head lights it can only be replaced with the manufactures origional or equivalent. Same goes for wind screens..

I REALLY hope you are trying to be funny or sarcastic, cus this couldn't be farther from the truth.
well actually I think he is closer to right than wrong on this..

The EPA tightly controls any part of any vehicle that can/does affect emissions.. technically speaking, unless an aftermarket exhaust has been certified for "on road use" they are legal only in racing venues.. I think CA also requires CARB approval as well..

On the lights:
DOT must approve the light/reflector assy prior to production on a street vehicle.. The reflector assy on the Busa is not DOT approved for an HID bulb..(they are very different reflectors for HID)

The automakers fought long and hard to get the HID (projector beams) approved for US use...

Any LEO that pulls you over and decides he wants to cite you for your HID's, is going to win in court..

Sadly it is truth in some states....

Here in FL, exhuast is officially illegal, but noone enforces it except for most of the ricer crowd.. Same with HID...

FOr the other guy, the link above has a 4500k kit (which is what I use on my bike (upgraded 55w ballast) and it is the beez knees..... and you can do different bulbs/different temps for his kits.

removing the reflectors is illegal too :whistle:

I think a key factor in selecting a HID system is to be sure that replacement bulbs are accessable through regualr aftermarket sources (in the event the company you purchased them through goes out of business) also see if the power module is available. You wouldn't want to end up with some kit from china that doesn't have replacement parts available.

btw, I would never endorse anything from Yani shiki or NYCparts. That's just me though.

FOr the other guy, the link above has a 4500k kit (which is what I use on my bike (upgraded 55w ballast) and it is the beez knees..... and you can do different bulbs/different temps for his kits.

I'd really like to stay with a well know company due to what Commuta said. Having the replacement parts available.

On the lights:
DOT must approve the light/reflector assy prior to production on a street vehicle.. The reflector assy on the Busa is not DOT approved for an HID bulb..(they are very different reflectors for HID)

Any LEO that pulls you over and decides he wants to cite you for your HID's, is going to win in court..

Absolutely correct.

The key here is to demonstrated personal responsibility.... a tough task for some. :whistle:

As long as your HID lamps are *properly* aimed, are not the ridiculous and blingy 6000K and higher blue-purple bulbs, and you don't display mis-matched colors (6000K in one lamp, 4300K in the other), then your chances of getting pulled over and cited on your HID setup are quite small indeed. What escapes many young riders is that there is one simple method to keep LEO encounters to an absolute minimum, but it's one that so totally goes against their grain.... the trick is simply this:

Just avoid doing $hit that draws attention to yourself.

Like, stunting in public. Drag-racing on the street. Blasting your purple 12000K HID high beam down through Main street at night. Etc, etc.

This concept should be simple and obvious... if you manage to stay out of LEO crosshairs, you won't be a target of interest.

Absolutely correct.

The key here is to demonstrated personal responsibility.... a tough task for some. :whistle:

As long as your HID lamps are *properly* aimed, are not the ridiculous and blingy 6000K and higher blue-purple bulbs, and you don't display mis-matched colors (6000K in one lamp, 4300K in the other), then your chances of getting pulled over and cited on your HID setup are quite small indeed. What escapes many young riders is that there is one simple method to keep LEO encounters to an absolute minimum, but it's one that so totally goes against their grain.... the trick is simply this:

Just avoid doing $hit that draws attention to yourself.

Like, stunting in public. Drag-racing on the street. Blasting your purple 12000K HID high beam down through Main street at night. Etc, etc.

This concept should be simple and obvious... if you manage to stay out of LEO crosshairs, you won't be a target of interest.

Ah Dad......... but thats all the fun stuff.:banghead::lol:

See, here is the key thing people are missing: DOT approval.
While it is not true that anything on your bike that didnt come stock that way is illegal, there are restrictions. Aftermarket exausts are typically DOT approved. There are those that arent DOT approved, for various reasons (loudness, emmissions, durability, etc. etc.) but as long as the aftermarket part is DOT approved it is perfectly legal to do mods.
However, not everything on a bike has to be DOT approved. Example, while the DOT mandates there has to be a seat on your bike, I am almost possitive (i may be wrong) that there is little/no regulation on seats. Other bling mods typically have no DOT regulation, unless they are in violation of another, unrelated, regulation.

Back