did the busa appear ugly

i think i'll have to add a gen 2 and a b king to the stable at some point.

when the busa first came out I was twelve years old... I did not care so much about it's looks but always knew it as the "legendary" sportbike. The God of bikes. This is the twelve year old mindset. Whenever I watched fast cars I would always say "yeah, race a busa and see what happens" lol.

Now though I like the looks of the Gen2 a lot more, but Gen1 is still going to be THE legendary bike that I always remembered

I love the way the 'Busa looks! It's big, has some shape to it, and the curves of the bodywork.

I have always admired the appearance of the Hayabusa because it stood out, I never thought it was ugly; just different. Last night at the weekly bike night I talked to a gentleman with a 2009 GSXR 1000; he respectively stated he was never really a fan of the Busa and just couldn't get over the big "whale hump". I told him the Busa was not built to look pretty and the hump has a definite function. He was a cool guy and just stated his opinion.

He was really proud of the fact that he has only had his 1000 for three weeks and has already put 1,300 miles on it! I told him he needed to talk to a few riders on the ORG!:laugh: I personally like the looks of the Gen2 and the B-King, and I have seen a few ZX-14s I would not kick out of the stable as well!!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

both bikes look alright to me, not to crazy on the zx14s fins though... then again I wouldn't say any sport bike is ugly.

i hated the gen 1 busa,gauges,tail. When gen 2 came out i fell in love. NOW that i own 1 i love ALL busa's. as for the ZX14 all i can say is NO trunk space

I liked the looks of the Busa the first time I saw one...looks tough! I have owned a lot of ugly things in my life but my Busa is not one of them. It's a work of art!

kinda funny but from what i have read and herd , kawi did a wind tunle bike (busa is a wind tunle bike) ok well after all the desine and testing ex , kawi scraped the idea couse the bike was too ugly to them even, so then suzuki did the busa (wind tunle bike) still on the ugly side but they went with it ! was going to kick but in ama and other races, (didnt happen) i think i have only seen 1 busa in a race and that was an independent rider , that was it

any how to the question yes i thought they wher a little on the red headed step child side of love but bought one anyway as did milions of other people,

the 14 is just not for me , i dont like the broud head lights and the vents on theside , tail is kinda blaa as well, just not pleaseing to the eye, any how

maybe the 14 will grow a following like the busa but the busa was still and always will be first!

I hate to admit it but i also thought the Busa was pretty ugly when they came out but bought one anyway, just because it was a killer deal. It was a 2000 that i bought in 2001 and already had all the work done with just 1200 miles on it. Now i wouldnt own anything but a Busa.
Dont care for the zx14 at all.

Well, considering I was 11 years old. . . Didn't really know anything about it. But no. Ever since the first time I saw it, I've wanted one.

Always loved the way the busa looks. Side shot is awesome!:thumbsup:

2005_GSX1300R_red_side_500.jpg

I was 19 when the Busa first came out. I had a deal with a Gen II pretty much drop in my lap. I loved the bike from the first time I heard about it. Lets call the tail of the Gen II umm distinctive but it grew on me much more so after I removed the mud flap.

I don't see the ZX14 growing on me any time soon. But if I had one in the garage I wouldn't complain.

I took a sideways route to the Busa. In 03 I hadn't Ridden in 20+ years. A friend encouraged me to get back into riding and I thought I am old I will get a cruiser and after some shopping around I bought a left over Victory then a year or so later a Vstrom to go with the Victory. I knew I was going to go to a performance bike and one day while I was at the dealership there was a 05 LE Busa dark gray, not a kids multi color scheme (no offense to anyone that was just my thinking at the time) I got the name of the bike and came home. Began reading on turbo set ups, a month and a half later I walked in and bought it 3 months later I am picking it up at OE on Long Island woth a turbo kit installed. I guess I went a long way to say I don't really care what it looks like if I like the way it rides. My most recent bike is one that I when I first saw it repulsed me but I rode it and sitting right next to the Busa in the Garage is My B King.. The only way a ZX14 will grow on me is if I plant my ass in the saddle for an hour or two and I like the way it rides.

Back