Decisions, Decisions

HoboJoe

Registered
Cowboys, need your input......Think fast. An 02. Stock except for being lowered. A few little blems but nothing major. Nothing that $100.00 won't solve. Couple nicks on front fender. Aftermarket panel on one side. Not OEM for sure but not the cheapest either. 12k on the clock. What's it worth to ya?. You participation is requested and would be greatly appreciated......Thanks

Wow. Caught me by surprise on that one. First, you are of course, the buyer. I get that you're trying to get the best deal, but what would you be basing that on?Let's turn it around. You are now the seller. How would you price it. And what would you realistically be hoping to get? Thanks as always

One million dollars its a busa you dont sell your BUSA!!!!!

But for an 03 i think 3k is all id pay

I payed 3,500 for an 02 a couple of years ago, mostly stock, Yosh pipes K&N filter, new paint on OEM plastic but rough I had to wet sand and polish it. Looks good now and has a few more additions since but nothing expensive. had 28,000 km now has about 40,000, I think I would list it at 3200 to 3,500 but realistically I would hope to get 2,700 to 3,000 but that might be optimistic, I'm thinking at that price I'll just keep it around.

With all due respect to the limited number of respondents, 3k/3500? Following that logic none of us would even own one of these Birds. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been on this for 3 months now and I have yet to see one with even a Salvage Title listed anywhere near that. Then again the majority of them do seem to sit and sit and sit. Perhaps never getting a new owner and back in the garage they go. That makes no sense to me either though. No point in listing if you have zero interest in selling. Maybe I'll just look for an Ugly Duckling in reasonable mechanical condition and bring it back Over time. PATIENCE.....

With all due respect to the limited number of respondents, 3k/3500? Following that logic none of us would even own one of these Birds. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been on this for 3 months now and I have yet to see one with even a Salvage Title listed anywhere near that. Then again the majority of them do seem to sit and sit and sit. Perhaps never getting a new owner and back in the garage they go. That makes no sense to me either though. No point in listing if you have zero interest in selling. Maybe I'll just look for an Ugly Duckling in reasonable mechanical condition and bring it back Over time. PATIENCE.....

Joe you seem to keep forgetting a lot of that depends on location. Here in iowa were i live we basically ride from mid april to the end of october maybe a little longer if we are blessed. 4 years a go i bought my 2002 viper blue busa with 10k on the clock, after market pipes, and other goodies for 3k or 3500. It was in damn near mint condition with no goofy plastics or any other issues. Turn key and i got tons and tons of compliments on the machine. That is the reality of the busa. It does not maintain it value. I have been riding these since they started in 99 and always watch them drop like a stone in value. You can get gen 2 busas for 5500 to 6k with decent mods. Sorry bro i dont know what your are expecting to hear but thats reality.

The other sad reality is people list them for crazy prices and they never sell. They never tell ya i listed for 9 but finally took 7 because no one wanted it or would pay. 4 years ago i got an 08 with 1000 miles on it for 7500.00.

I would not purchase at all with aftermarket plastics. To me that bike has been abused. Not saying you abused it, but I am very particular about my bike, unless all original and in good shape, I move on.

Co-worker sold his 2000 a few months ago.
All stock, original owner, excellent condition.
40k miles. Was offered 3k, and sold it.
Probably could have got it for $2500.
Remember the age of these bikes too.

Thanks for the input Fella's. All good points on your part. Perhaps my desire to acquire one of these Birds has gotten the better of the reality of the situation. I bought my last GoldWing with no more than two phone calls and an E-Mail from a guy in Salt Lake City. Not bad considering I'm in NJ. On the truck and coming my way without my sending him so much as a Nickel. I was dealing with a different type of person and a different type of Bike. Seems this is the most Bastardized machine in the history of motorcycling. It shows in the type of person you are trying to deal with. As always, Thanks

Last edited:
it is 15 years old i know its a busa but you have to be realistic one the value
NADA VALUE = HIGH RETAIL 4210 LOW RETAIL IS 3200

Base your pricing off of that

Just as an aside one thing always strikes me as I read off of this board. It is a great board populated by good people. Those that regularly respond to my posts are informative and enlightening when asked and honest when they need to be. I appreciate that.

Joe, we are nothing if not honest. One of the main reasons i have been here as long as i have. I havent owned a busa now for over a year now due to a bad back. But the friends and knowledge shared here keeps me here. That and i know i will buy another soon.

Back