Decided to go turbo

Odyssey

Registered
Finally made a decision of what im going to do, after considering NOS for a long while, I decided to wait and save up the money to buy a Velocity kit from superkaos, or maybe a hahn, not 100% sure about which kit yet, gotta find alot of info about the kits, going to go for about 350hp
biggrin.gif
But i have a year to "learn" the busa, then im going turbo, lotsa research to do, plently of questions to ask, woohoo. can anyone recommend a good 2 stage kit, that they have used?

same number one question, You going to street this bike or race it?

What i really want, is a setup with about 350hp, that can ride thru twisties, I not going to extend or lower the bike at all, just a streetable 350hp busa.

btw, i mean eventually take it up to 350, not bolt on for 350 right off the bat

What i really want, is a setup with about 350hp, that can ride thru twisties, I not going to extend or lower the bike at all, just a streetable 350hp busa.

btw, i mean eventually take it up to 350, not bolt on for 350 right off the bat
You don't ask for much do you.... just a 350 hp bike that's still good for twisties..? I imagine you are going to need the self control of Buda to not high side a 350 hp bike coming off a sharp turn. WoW!

OK, fine, so maybe 350 is a bit much, I think the kit will only go 300hp on pump anyway, so thats about as far as i will go. I not really planing to "attacking" twisties, i just mean being able to cruise thru them at a nice speed without running off the road from the accelleration. I like hp, but im not a moron.

Wait till you guys see what im working on the plans for, its just for the fun of it but, lets just say it will "blow" away a turbo busa if it is made a reality.

Just to help your planning, mine @ 6psi (about 240HP) and and a stock arm pulls the front wheel (High) in 3rd gear at about 6500rpm just by rolling the throttle on. 300 HP on a stock arm is a handful to say the least in anything less than 5th or 6th gear IMO.

OK, fine, so maybe 350 is a bit much, I think the kit will only go 300hp on pump anyway, so thats about as far as i will go. I not really planing to "attacking" twisties, i just mean being able to cruise thru them at a nice speed without running off the road from the accelleration. I like hp, but im not a moron.
Just make sure that the Turbo starts spooling up at 4800rpm and you will be fine in the twisties.

I'm in the same boat as Odessy here i plan to turbo my bike but wana keep it mostly streetable but yet still kick some butt at the track but i'm a total mechanical whiz and i plan to do the project over the winter months this year get my busa broke in some more and i Live in South Dakota so i have no idea where to go or even look i have done some but i keep comeing to dead ends i'd be more then willing to haul my bike to a place and have them do everything that is neccesary to the bike can you people give me some good suggestion as to where to go or look i guess distance wouldn;t be to bad of a option but i don;t wana have to haul my bike clear across the US unless i knew it was gona have the best work done there.
Thanks all input is greatly appricated

Back