Deals Gap

hotrod_rick1

2 Wheel Therapy
Donating Member
Registered
Im planing a vacation to the Gap in late June. A friend and i are going to trailer the bikes there and was wanting to find a camping ground near there, Does anyone know if there is anything close ?

Yes, there is a camping spot located a few miles from the Deals Gap store, by the base of the dam on highway 28, just before Fontana Village. I can't remember the name, but have been there several times. Maybe 12 sites, have seen people primitive tent and trailer camp.

Also, nearer the Cherohala Skyway and Wheelers bike shop, there are some real nice state forest scenic camping sites along Santeelah lake. Beautiful views along the shore, just off highway 129.

Let me know if you more information.

B.R.M.C.Ground. Rite off the parkway! But A bit from the GAP. If you like laid back,

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camping Resort

linky

If you do the cabins are the better deal. Two wheels only allowed in camp, truck has parking but is on other side of river.
thumb_up.gif

check out hunts motorcycly cabins in TN. If I find more info I will post it. we stayed there and they were very nice.about a half an hour from the gap.

Back