DC Metro Riders - General Thread for DC, MD, VA, DE, PA

DC Int'l Motorcycle Show:

So, I'm leaning to toward Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 around Noon. 1st stop - 2009 Hayabusa! :cheerleader:
Giving thought to it. Depends on what this kids have scheduled this weekend. Wife is overseas, so I'm the only one around for transportation duties for two busy (non-driving) teenagers. Hope to make it and will post here if/when I'm going.

- Cheers, AJ

Im going on Saturday and will be there early afternoon. Was planning on going Friday, but probably will head to the DC Armory for that LOW PRICE Sale thing they have going on.:thumbsup:
Hope to see you guys there and so we an all get together and meet:beerchug:. Looking forward to this summer as I got my 'Busa in Sept.

Thus far it seems that we have a few members for both Sat and Sun and a few undecided. Here's the list, thus far:

Saturday: MelodicMetalGod, BusaBlue2, BigRod1300

Sunday: sleeper_red, Djxtrodinaire

Undecided - Make choice! :laugh: : AJAY, Greeblesnitz, SKINN, Supergank1, RonnieTheBull

Be sure to check out discount info from sleeper_red:
For those that are going and don't have a ticket yet, when you click on tickets, enter "hdofdc" where it says code or promotional code and then your AMA membership number to get more discount. Sorry, I just got this code yesterday afternoon to get the ticket for just $8.00

Just got off the phone with a few friends...if I go its gonna be early Saturday morning...The Ravens have a HUGE game come Saturday afternoon and I am not willing to risk missing any of it...so I will be going early if I go to ensure being home for kickoff :beerchug:

As far as disounts...I did receive a three dollar off discount from my insurance company that I have the bike through for admission to the show...I am insured through Progressive...if anyone else is and hasnt heard any word on it...maybe worth looking into...with times the way they are...I'll take three bucks...:thumbsup:

Just got off the phone with a few friends...if I go its gonna be early Saturday morning...The Ravens have a HUGE game come Saturday afternoon and I am not willing to risk missing any of it...so I will be going early if I go to ensure being home for kickoff :beerchug:

As far as disounts...I did receive a three dollar off discount from my insurance company that I have the bike through for admission to the show...I am insured through Progressive...if anyone else is and hasnt heard any word on it...maybe worth looking into...with times the way they are...I'll take three bucks...:thumbsup:

As a loyal Raiders fan, gotta root against the Ravens! :mad:

As far as three bucks, shoot, I'll take that if times are good OR bad. :beerchug:

Thus far it seems that we have a few members for both Sat and Sun and a few undecided. Here's the list, thus far:

Saturday: MelodicMetalGod, BusaBlue2, BigRod1300, Supergank1, RonnieTheBull (maybe, AM only)
FYI: Let's meet at 1pm at the Suzuki/Hayabusa display. For easier ID, if you have Hayabusa gear, wear it. See y'all there!

Sunday: sleeper_red, Djxtrodinaire

Undecided - Make choice! :laugh: : AJAY, Greeblesnitz, SKINN

I gotta sick baby...! Don't think I'm going to make it... Someone get some pics 4 me...!:rulez:

It was a good time. SHow was smaller than last year. Less manufacture and venders.....+ there was NO custome bike show part. Yes custom shops like Hardcore choppers and Garwood was there and Rolland Sands bike...but all had been seen thru 08. NOthing new. The must see was The Ducati bikes, babes, and Colmin Powersports babe:beerchug:.

TRAFFIC was horrible!
took me 1.5 hours, suppose to be 30 mins, due to police blocking like 20 blocks radius (not really) for the inauguration preparation.

show was ok... was first time for me.

i will post pics later.

Went Saturday as planned. Located BigRod1300 (Well met!) and some Hayabusa riders from ExtremeBusa.com but didnt' find BusaBlue2, Supergank1 or RonnieTheBull. If y'all were there, sorry I missed ya.

Not the best show I've been too recently. I was lucky enough to have a free pass from an acquaintance from TheGSResources.com, so I saved the price of admission! Not a lot new bike wise, but it was fun, as always, to vendor and bike hop. Took loads of bike pics, which I'll post when I get a chance, and stayed until about 8pm which allowed me to get better deals from accessories vendors and better pics of the bikes. Other than that, I got done what I wanted:

1) Fitted myself for helmets from Arai, HJC, Shoei and Icon. Also checked out Fulmer and XSpeed helmets, but wasn't impressed. I must say that the Arai, Shoei and Icon helmets seemed the best. HJC isn't bad and it is 1/2 the cost, but just not as top shelf in fit and interior comfort.

2) Got a good deal on Zooke anti fog stuff, which I desperately needed.

3) Picked up a set of Shamwow towels - an impulse by for sure and I hate the ads, but they are impressive and I'll definitely use them.

4) Checked out forcefield body armor in person - good stuff, but ya still need leather or good tech pants/jackets over the armor.

5) Visited one of my favorite MADE IN THE USA vendors/makers, Lee Parks Design, discussed gloves I already have and sat in on a mini version of the Total Control class.

6) Visited the MARC folks hope to join up with them for some track time this year.

7) Checked out a cordless/7v battery powered electric vest from Gerbing. Sounds like I'll be better off waiting for an 12v model that they expect out sometime over the next year.

Again, I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

Yea...I held off on the Saturday am trip I had planned on taking...was thinking of holding off until Sunday...couple friends of mine went and said the show overall was a good time but a bit of a disappointment...so I stayed home and watched the Baltimore Ravens beat the Titans for a ticket to the AFC championship game...:thumbsup::thumbsup::beerchug::beerchug:

View attachment 1514381

Ended up going Sunday about 11 with my son. Sorry I missed you folks, but there will be better opportunities when it gets warm outside.

Haven't been to one of these shows in 6 years and, to be honest, nothing has changed at all except the bikes on the floor. A couple good bargains, but nothing you can't do as well online.

In a lot of ways, this show is just like getting to see a dealer for each and every brand (except BMW! unless I missed it). Unlike a dealer, you can sit on just about any bike you want. Like the Ducati 1098 with a claimed 180 hp and only 364 lbs. Yep, that should run with a Busa, and certainly out-handle it in the twisties. But then I could buy two Busas for the price of one Ducati, and the Suzook is practically zero-maintenance compared to any Ducati.

Sat on just about everything interesting, like the Buell 1125 - whoa - that would be a serious hooligan machine and a pretty good bargain compared to the Ducati above. The Kawi 600 has a redline of 18,000 rpm. Holy cripes!

And of course the new Busas. Saw a lot of other great bikes, but really liked the new Busa. Had never noticed the flowing lines in thenew tail hump - they really show in the silver model. Had a couple other nice details that had passed me before. :beerchug:

- Cheers, AJ

Last edited:
Back