Crash Vid

Goes to show you how fast thing can go wrong! Do you think the car was having mechanical problems and he was trying to get over to the shoulder? I can think of anything else.

Not that I am an expert. Looks like the rider braked too hard, he should have taken the other lane.

Don

the bike is going half again as fast as the guy in the fast lane and the roads are wet... (break the video down and the bike is going about 5 feet for 3 feet of the car in the fast lane)

rider could have done himself a favor by 1. running slower in the granny lane. 2. Running slower in the rain (note water coming off tires). 3. Running those speeds in the fast lane in the first place...

Car at fault ? sure... avoidable crash? I think so had the rider been a bit smarter by running slower for conditions and making sure he had an out..(he had to see the car moving prior to impact...

The car was signalling and looked like it had a mechanical.

The bike was going faster than any of the other cars and did the wrong thing, tried to stop. He should have swerved... there wasn't anybody next to him.

yeah, I have to agree here. the driver of the car didnt do anything wrong. he signalled and made a legal lane change. The rider was just going too fast and possibly not paying enouth attention to what was going on ahead of him. Excessive speed combined with not leaving himself enough outs made for a bad day for everyone.

Driver should be pulled out of the car and BEAT!!!
WRONG!
thumb_down.gif

At first I thought he needed a beating to, till I realized he prolly was having a mechanical problem. That why I was throwing it out there...  
beerchug.gif

And I agree, he could have easily swerved.

I'm going out on a limb here... The rider screwed up! There i said it and my computer didn't blow up either.
lurk.gif

Rider was going to fast and not aware of his surroundings. should have been aware that the lane was open and swerved into it....

Another point of view... moving down the road, adjusting song on MP3, look up and holy crap a car... fixsate on rear bumper, grap brakes and OUCH!!!

Rider was going to fast and not aware of his surroundings. should have been aware that the lane was open and swerved into it....

Another point of view... moving down the road, adjusting song on MP3, look up and holy crap a car... fixsate on rear bumper, grap brakes and OUCH!!!
I think you nailed it.
thumb_up.gif

I actually think he is pretty lucky he is alive. The bike looked like it landed on his back windshield!

Sure I think the rider could have done something differently, but who in the F practically makes a right turn across three lanes of traffic. I would argue that the car was going way to slow for that type of manuver. You can't see what the bike saw. There could've been a car or truck off screen that was letting the car over, that vehicle could have blocked the view of the rider. The car went all the way across both lanes...Rider at fault? I wouldn't bet on it.

Back