Crash leftovers, and advice.

AdrianHaddock

Registered
Hey guys and girls.

First, this post is not to boast.

The main reason for this is to ask advice, about likely costs and the amount i could do my self.

I came off my 'busa at about 50 mph. I was hella lucky. come off with a broken toe broken little finger, and a fair few chucks of flesh lacking from my knees. Helmet boots and leathers saved me world of hurt.

Preliminary diagnosis is split stator cover damaged stator, all fairings are smashed, mirrors gone. Clutch and break handles gone, as are the steps. wheel alignment is out, the mechanic said he cant tell if the frame is twisted until the bike is running and on a dyno. but he thinks it is just the forks.

Just got a quote from the garage, around $400 to replace the stator, the cover and gasket. Is that very expensive? Do you think this guy is having me on? any tips would be much appreciated.

Being new to the world of bikes (probably the reason i came off, many of my friends warned me away from a busa as a second bike. stepped up from a 250cc yamaha dirtbike.... bit off more than i could chew)

What do you think my next step should be?

The stator cover is an easy fix, perhaps upgrade to one with a puck on the side to prevent further crash damage. Check my "Crash count" thread for the link.

-D

I have almost all the parts you need and for nominal fee can help you fix all over phone if you know how to fix stuff and have tools...

where you located?

Back