Crankshaft trigger pickup

chipdogg

Registered
So after looking through this impossible to decipher service manual for the Hayabusa engine we just picked up (from a 2000), I located how the crankshaft position sensor kinda works. It looks like the "teeth" for it are on the rotor part of the generator. My question is, does anybody know the tooth pattern? We are planning to run it with Megasquirt in the kart we are building and the main thing I'm stuck on right now is the crank trigger pattern, so if anybody knows I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have to pull the generator cover off, and then I'd replace the gasket as well. Thanks

Jacob

your looking at 8 equally spaced natch on the flywheel.
i'm actually pluging mine by the end of the week
you need the cam sensor to initiate cyl. # 1

i will be running a v3 board with ms1 and need to use the generic code as if you where running a minus 1 teeth wheel but setup for hall effect sensor and inverted wasted spark

but since you typed this at the beginning of the month you maybe already ahead of me.

stroker

Actually it looks like you are ahead of us, we still gotta get our frame built before we get the engine running. How are you gonna get the cam sensor to work? MS has no input for cam sensor last I looked, unless you figured something out.

And we did figure out the 8 tooth pattern, but weren't sure how it picked up on #1 cylinder since it looked like it was all the same. Never seen it on the generator before but I'm used to car engines.

If you figure it out that would be great, we're gonna toss the MS unit in my Neon first to get used to playing with it, plus like 50+ Neons are running MS right now so there's help there when we get stuck lol.

I'd appreciate some help and hints when you get yours running though, that would rock. Thanks!

i'm still debating wheter i build an opto isolator into a spare input or go with the lm1815 circuit
i will know within 2 weeks and run in a month but i would suggest reading the mega manual
stroker

I've read mega manual several times, we put our circuit board together last week and are gonna run it in my Neon first cuz that's the stuff I read the most on. I did not know the Busa used VR instead of Hall though, that's a damn helpful tip lol. That's the circuit we skipped on mine lol.

Keep me posted though, I'd really appreciate it. Once I figure out how to get it hooked up properly on the Busa I think I'll have it from there since I'll have a couple months practice on my Neon first.

Back