Craigslist & Kelley Blue Book $$$

Ben Busafied

Registered
I'm looking at dirt bikes on Craigslist and researching trade in and retail values on KBB (uses good condition). Seems to me a reasonable price should be about in the middle, more than trade in and less than retail.

For "beater" bikes most are asking at or above KBB's retail for good condition, if they're actually in good condition - they're asking well above the KBB suggested retail. Maybe it's just the season, sellers are thinking they can ask for stupid money cause everyone's got the bug -or- maybe the Blue Book is shootin low???

New and on sale with rebates is lookin better all the time.

I'm looking at dirt bikes on Craigslist and researching trade in and retail values on KBB (uses good condition). Seems to me a reasonable price should be about in the middle, more than trade in and less than retail.

For "beater" bikes most are asking at or above KBB's retail for good condition, if they're actually in good condition - they're asking well above the KBB suggested retail. Maybe it's just the season, sellers are thinking they can ask for stupid money cause everyone's got the bug -or- maybe the Blue Book is shootin low???

New and on sale with rebates is lookin better all the time.

Craigslist is all about haggling. Unless they just guessed on the bike price and posted it up, or the wife wants them to sell it and they put it up at an absurd amount in order to keep it.

If you see something you like, shoot an offer of what you are willing to pay, if you feel the need, tell them why you think that's a fair price. If they say no, look at something else.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yeah make an offer, right it first and check it out really close.I have a couple friends who bought YZ250Fs and 450f's and they got taken.One had a head that was set up wrong and the other had a cracked case where the kicker is.I bought my YZ250 for 2500 when he wanted $3000 for it and its a nice bike.Depending on what you are looking for the prices around here are pretty good.Right now with a bad economy bikes are cheap.

To be honest, I don’t take anyone serious who quotes the KBB prices. It’s only used as reference point for the seller and buyer. Other than that, the bike/car is only worth what someone will pay for it despite what KBB might say.

KBB and NADA are both tools that dealers use to hose people. My car is worth $10k to them when I own it, then its worth $13k sitting on their lot. A new car is worth thousands less the second its titled,yet the pile of metal with wheels hasn't changed at all. Quite a racket they got goin...
Rant over, thanks for your time. :whistle:
Did I mention I hate car dealers? Except for Blanca, he's the only exception.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Back