Cowling Brace BROKE!

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so now that I have some daylight I go outside and start to try and fit the nose on again. I start with the right air intake, remove the alen bolt, remove the right intake and put this little cheater bar on it to try and bend it back. It was bent in towards the center of the bike cause I hit on the right side of my bike. I barley put any strength in it and the thing snaps right off. So now im pissed holding a tool in my hand....so I stop what im doing and put my tools away and put the nose up.

Ive got my bike 90% complete and this happens, and the Cowling brace was already bent from the wreck. But now it needs to be replaced. Called the stealership, they want $236.00 for this piece. I dont have that kind of money laying around, does any1 have an used Subframe for the front or can get one any cheaper? Or if people are willing to do small donations again for this last amount. My bike is almost done, I am recieving the last of the cosmetics from the guy who painted it tomorrow. But Now I cant get it back on the road without the headlight. Needing some help yall, bike is almost done and this happens.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

crazy.gif

This thing? This one is on ebay for $91 at the moment...

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-HAYABUSA-GSX-R-1300-UPPER-FAIRING-STAY-BRACKET_W0QQitemZ200043687848QQihZ010QQcategor
yZ10066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">ebay link</a>

Attachments

• stay
    6 KB · Views: 141
Hit up Daniel, I bet he's got one. You must be a strong dude, or it was already broken. I put a 6' bar on mine and straightened it......

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 07 2006,17:13) Hit up Daniel, I bet he's got one.  You must be a strong dude, or it was already broken. I put a 6' bar on mine and straightened it......
I used the tool that comes with the bike. I didn't put to much umph in it, but maybe I did. I duno. I know it wasn't broke tho as it bent a tad bit be4 it broke. But i got a pic of the piece. Will upload the pic in a minute. If I had a welding machine I could weld it myself.

i may have the winning bid on that item on ebay, we shall see. Only has a couple of minutes left.
firedevil.gif

I'd weld it back on before I spent that much on it. I thought the bar broke before I saw the pic.

Back