Could this be true

it's true man... I know a guy that runs a ZX9 at 190+ and still in 5th.. he can blow my busa away If I'd only race him..
biggrin.gif

Sport Rider mag did an article about drag racing a Gixxer 1000 and a Busa. The did the same mods and the Busa still won. It was close, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

stiiiiiiiiiiiiil waitin for the "ZX-10 KILLS Busa" cover words..... stiiiiil waitin...... tic toc tic toc....... yup, stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllll waitin

Yea ,very often we here about a bike went this fast...They believe it in there own mind,,,so be it....I think that most mature riders you have kept up to date on speedo error--etcetera.....use a GPS and post the real facts..all we can do filter the Bull from fact...and let them believe what they want...sometimes they even exaggerate...No !! ..yea prolly...I have always tried to be truthful and acurate with my speeds though the years----no need to exaggerate....I think my FZR600 went 145,but that was on the speedo...My Ninja 900...past redline "may have gone 157"
My 88 Gsxr1100 finally after several attempts showed 161 on the speedo..don't know what the true speed was...fast anyway....My 93 Kawa Concours showed 145...Don't know the real true speed....AAAHHH but now with My Busa..i had a gps for awhile untill it was stolen..left car unlocked one night....
Result 83 in first,second don't remember,third was a true 129..yea...and last but not least early one morning..Gps'd at 176 in fifth gear...Like the BUD commercial....
TRUE...fun when one knows the true story..Hate Bullsid....
wow.gif

Speedometers are very optimistic, I friend of mine had his spedometer reading 256 once, and he was really doing about 195 (he has a gsx1000 with an american turbo kit on it, 264 hp dyno tested), so the point is buy a speedometer corrector or a gps if you really want to know how fast you are going, in my gsxr1000 I have seen 192 and that must be about 170, and have never seen a 600 or 750 or 900 near that true speed. Just race with him and show off.
ride safe

Well Hell, now I have to agree... At least that regarding Bike Speedos being about useless...

They can make you feel pretty special though... GPS would be the way to go. IMHO

ok lets say the speedo wasnt TO far off.. couldnt the sprocket change to a higher ratio.. bigger front / smaller front give the extra top end? it would lower the rpms to get the extra speed out of it?

granted i wouldnt want to be going that fast on a bike that light..

another question.. how fast are the supersport (suzuki/yosh) bikes capable of??? i know its a race team rather than joe blow but still....

ok lets say the speedo wasnt TO far off.. couldnt the sprocket change to a higher ratio.. bigger front / smaller front give the extra top end?  it would lower the rpms to get the extra speed out of it?

granted i wouldnt want to be going that fast on a bike that light..

another question.. how fast are the supersport (suzuki/yosh) bikes capable of??? i know its a race team rather than joe blow but still....
bike has to have the ponies to turn the taller gears.

I dont care what anyone thinks I just know that I have the most gorgious, sexiest and fastest production bike ( proven ) and if some butt wipe says otherwise he is talking out of his ass. Its been proven over and over again! PERIOD!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Back