Cost to paint the Busa...

trivial

Registered
I'm not having much luck finding a black 2005 LE in my neck of the woods... And in the meantime I feel like I am passing over several good bikes at good prices because I don't like the color.

What is a rough estimate on a nice solid color paint job on one?

Thanks.

If the bike is apart it seems that some shops go from 5-6 hundered to thousands...the materials alone are likely $300 - 400...primer, color, clear and small ammounts of other materials. An all over paint job would look clean...no decals...the hard part is picking the color.

I did Willie's bike last year in Lesonal base coat and Sikkens clear, total materials were about $450, so I would guess with labor......$750-1000.00 for a slick job

Expect to pay $800-$1000 for a single solid color if you pull all of the plastics yourself. The price will go up if you add pearl, or metallic flakes, graphics, or need any repairs (i.e. plastic welding or dents in the tank).

Like lil Charlie said, about a Grand give or take. Go look at some paint chips at the paint store, there are a lot of different blacks too. Maybe touch of metal flake would look good.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I've got about 1500 in materials in mine so far. Looking around 7-8k total paint wise (if I were paying cash for it) however it's very elaborate.

I'd say easy 500-1k in materials and 1k-2k finished depending on how much you really want done.

'good' paint isn't cheap.

i had my bike painted last year, and the guy charged me 1200.00...would have been 650-700 if i took bike apart and just gave him body parts, that price included smoking out windscreen, and front turn signals and headlight, mirrors etc.

Its great to be prepared with a second set of plastics, no?
Posted via Mobile Device

I am going to have Steve @ Smithers Customs do a custom Gray Marble paint on my 08 and he said it would cost about $3,000 by the time he is done. :thumbsup:

You can order you paint from Pivco in Indiana, and probably do the job for $200, and it's a good product just let the base flash well before clearing.

I have used it on some slick paint jobs, its Kirker

Nice thing about a custom paint job is you can get REAL black. Not black with built in dirt (metal flake) which seems to be factory standard on any black vehicle made within the last 8 years.

Thanks for the replies... I'm trying to be patient and stick to my guns with what I want and what I'll pay, but this warmer weather is making it difficult.

The color scheme I dislike the most seems to be the only one popping up at a good price...

$550 for me I brought all pieces 2 tone Blue & silver looks like she did 11 years ago I had to buy and install decals very pleased with job

Back