Cork to Pompei and back

celticBandit

Registered
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been on here, but I've just recently fallen in love with my K1 Busa again. What a bike. So I just thought I'd share with you some pics and clips of a journey I took from Cork, Ireland to Pompei, Italy in July. I travelled alone taking the following route:

Day 1 -> Cork - Rosslare(IRL)
Day2 -> Overnight Ferry to Cherbourg(FRA) - Cherbourg - Rouen(FRA)
Day 3 -> Rouen - Belfort(Visited the Citadel and the Lion de Belfort)
Day 4 -> Belfort(FRA) - Mulhouse(Visited Cite de l'Automobile) - Basel(SW) - Grimsel Pass - Furkya Pass - Gotthard Pass - Airolo(Lago Ritom)(SW)
Day 5 -> Airolo(Lago Ritom)(SW) - Florence(ITA)
Day 6 -> Florence - Pompei(ITA)
Day 6,7,8,9 -> Met my Girlfriend for 4 days in Pompei and toured around the ruins, the Amalfi Coast, and chilled by the pool :-)
Day 10 -> Pompei - Pisa(ITA)
Day 11 -> Pisa(ITA) - Briancon(FRA)
Day 12 -> Briancon(FRA) - Col du Galibier - Cold du Telegraphe - Lyon(FRA)
Day 13 -> Lyon - Amboise(FRA)
Day 14 -> Amboise - Utah Beach, Normandy - Cherbourg(FRA) - Ferry to Ireland
Day 15 -> Rosslare - Cork(IRL)

All credit to the Busa, she didn't set a foot wrong. The only touring mods she has are the lowered buell peg mod, and she was comfy enough for me for the 2 weeks. I put the standard exhausts on for the trip as I had heard that the police in Switzerland were fairly tight on that sort of thing.
For me, I think the Alps were the highlight. Absolutely stunning and scary. Anyway, I hope this link works, enjoy

https://youtu.be/KDNGNMOrp-c

Trip of a lifetime my friend! So envious right now! 3400 Miles would be like a Round trip to Southern California for me. The video was spectacular. All the mountain passes especially! Was some of that Stelvio Pass?

Now how do I get a job in Ireland!:laugh:

Back