Cooling the Engine

FM Busa

Registered
Newbe register to the Org.
This week I am getting my Turbo from RCC and Im not sure what is the best way to keep the engine cool. My guess is that under normal conditions the temp gauge is mid range and with the addition of a turbo this will probably run hotter. Since I do most of my driving during heavy traffic and occational run on the strip.
Please let me know what will work best for my type of use:

Electric water Pump
Intercooler
Second Fan

Thanks
Fred:banghead:

Boost kicks in above 5k, so staying out of boost in traffic will help plenty. I still have one stock fan (with muzzy aluminum blade), stock thermostate, and ride in 105F heat. No problem so far (fingers crossed).

You can add water wetter and get a plug and play fan switch from boostbysmith.com

Thanks Aussiekeeper and Megawatt for the help.

Bought today the Muzzy Fan Blades, Plug and play switch and an additional GSXR FAN.
Will pick up the water wetter and will post over the next few weeks my build out

Regards,

FM

:bowdown:

Flush system
Replace thermostat
Add new coolant
Add second fan
DONE

+1

Ordered mine from Stedman and should have it this week. I went with the extra GSXR 1000 fan from SRP. Not sure how it will mount but if you search second fan on the .org I saw a great write up on how to add some pretty good looking brackets. Not sure if he is still selling them but you could give him a p.m. and find out.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engi...ond-cooling-fan-busa.html?highlight=added+fan

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I drag race mine and ride it on the street. 241 HP at 6lbs boost. Stock plastic fan blades, no thermostat and make sure you run Motul MoCool in it. I used to run Engine Ice but it is not legal for drag racing, my bike ran above the mid level in temp and Engine Ice kills pets if they drink it. (MoCool is animal friendly.)

Since I have been running MoCool my temp has never gone above middle even racing with track temperatures at 144.

Back