Contemplating Hayabusa Purchase.

Cliff098

Registered
Hi everyone,

How's it going out there? I just registered with this website, because I am seeking advice and insight on personal experiences from hayabusa owners. I am in a pickle and facing one hell of a triple dichotomy.
Suzuki Tl1000R has always been my ride of choice. It's the only model bike that I have ever owned other than a Honda rebel, when I was a kid. I know there are probably a few guys out there that may bash me for that. People either hate them or love them. So my bike was stolen a few weeks ago, my heart its broken, and I'm looking to go on the rebound and get a new bike... before the real nice weather sets in.
I'm not here saying that TL is the cream of the crop, but I have always enjoyed the thrash that it delivers, the sound of the twin, and it's outcast/damned status. I'm looking for something better that will give me all of that + more. Also, I'm a little afraid of going to an inline from a twin.
As of now.. I am stuck between buying a hayabusa, ebr 1190 rx, or Ducati panigale. The reasons that I am considering hayabusa are the price point, the wheelbase and stance (I'm 6'4 280 lb), and I've always been somewhat drawn to their looks. I've hear horror stories and a lot of bashing on them from my buddies with twins.. which I'm not really concerned with since I'm used to Tillers. I don't really care about the specs and stuff.. I've already done my research. I guess what I'm looking for is people to just tell me why they love their bike. Any experiences, advice, or comments would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I never try to talk anyone into buying a particular bike. All I can do is relate my experiences. I bought my 06 LE new in February of 06 with 4 miles on it. I flew to SoCal and rode it home via the coast hiway, over 400 miles. Since then, after over 65,000 miles through eleven states, I've had to replace fluids, tires, chains, sprockets, the cush rubbers and brake pads. I added Galfer braided SS brake lines, a Roadlok rotor lock on the rear, and EBC HH pads and a Throttlemeister...and that's ALL. I've used Amsoil and K&N filters and I use OEM air filters. Other than a couple valve adjustments I've had to do nothing else to it. I'm 6' and 245 with a 37" sleeve so the reach doesn't bother me at all. Shorter armed riders may prefer risers, straight bars or Heli-Bars. I even liked the stock seat which I just replaced with a new one. What I love about it is the comfort and stability at speed and the never ending...a c c e l e r a t i o n! Its also gorgeous.:D
2011 NW TOUR 005.jpg

Hi mate im a newbie busa owner i had heaps of bikes over the last 20 years may last being a 675 daytona i was worried about missing the sound of the triple but then i rode out of the shop and i kept going and going and going by the time i made it home 300km later (i live 3kms from the shop) i was hooked. She is a machine at 6"3 i strugle on bikes sometimes but riding her was a dream comfy as hell and so easy to control even with he massive power jump it was like riding an old friend. Take one for a test you wont be dissapointed

It's an awesome bike for large folks, actually for anyone, but you get what I mean. I don't think you'll regret it.

I've been riding motorcycles for over 40 years, Honda CB750's, CB350, RD 350/400's, SR500, Vmax, Shovel heads, Sporsters, Evo's, Harley's last 25 years & 15 bikes later, still own 1 Highly modified FXR Police Special. I bought my 1st Suzuki Hayabusa 2008, last October with 8,100 miles, always wanted one, since it 1st came out in '99, but never made the move, until now. I can basically, tear down my entire Harley, built a few ground up but in a totally different world now, more sensors, electronics, inverted forks, metric tools, etc, had a couple of issues, fuel pump filter, leaky front tube seals, etc, as the Busa isn't trouble free as I thought & does have its own issues. However, since buying the Busa, I've only ridden my Harley twice because I really enjoy my Busa, it's an amazing bike, head turner (I get more attention on my stock Busa than my customized Harley, or my friends StreetRod). I even installed Nitrous on my Harley but the power level cannot compare to the Busa. Although there are other bikes on the market today that is faster, Busa is like a family. Harley owners love their bikes but its various models, Busa's are one single model & thousands of followers and lovers, similar to Vmax owners. I don't want to repeat my life building and fixing my bikes, that is why I chose the Busa, because of its style, acceleration, & speed, planning to do minimal mods, and just riding and having fun. Aloha.

I have ridden and owned both for years. I had an 01 and a 03 tiller. My 01 i put 35k on her before i got my 2003 new. I logged 2k miles on the 03 then my ex took it in the divorce. I miss the tiller and prefer its sound and low end grunt for sure. That being said i have owned a number of busas. They are the best for 2 up for sure. The low end of the bus is a little different than the widow maker but not in a bad way. Where the tiller gives up and puffs out on the higher ranges in the grunt area the bus is just coming to life in a big way. Honestly 2 different critters. Riding position is a lot alike, with the tiller being maybe just a little more aggressive. The bus does not have all the suspension issues the tiller had but it does have it own. I don't think it is possible to find a more comfortable rocket honestly. If the 2 bikes were side by side and i had to choose and i could only choose 1......The bus would win due to its sheer power and comfort. The tiller would win for exhaust note and notoriety as well as looking just plain old fast as hell :)

There i was no help!

Panigale: See Elephant riding a football.
EBR: Would you buy a bike from a shutdown company that you can't parts for?

Hey, man. You like what you like. I was bashed for having a Kawasaki for so many years, and stood behind them 100%. Not saying they aren't good bikes. I bought my wife a GSXR 600 a few years ago. She loves it. I am used to bigger bikes, but I rode it a few times to get it serviced, inspected, etc. I liked Suzuki's craftsmanship. We also have had very few problems with it. She still rides and enjoys the bike. I sold my 99 ZX 11 and saw that one of my good friends was selling his 08 Busa. I thought, "What the heck. I'll bite." I have had it since November. Other than a visit to my mecahnic to go over the bike (had been sitting for a while because of my friend's health reasons), I have nothing bad to say. I had it lowered a bit because I am only 5-9, but I love the handling and the responsive power. I have shorty pipes, and it sounds awesome! Got a nice low growl going on. It's comfortable for a sportbike. The weather just started getting nice in VA, so I have been putting some miles on mine. I don't think you will be disappointed if you get one.

I'll add my .02. I have owned a multitude of bikes over the years. My most recent being an RC8 and KTM 1290. As I get older I thought I'd move away from the supersport bikes and try out a more comfortable upright model like the Duke. Needless to say after a year I sold it and just purchased an 08 Busa. I feel more comfortable on this than the Duke. It's still sporty while not being a complete torture rack. I have flogged the crap out of my Gixxer 1k's and never had an issue with them. Parts are easy to come by and there is huge aftermarket support for the Busa. Parts are also very reasonable. I paid more for the exhaust on my RC8 than I did for the entire group of mods on my Busa; including exhaust, qs, autotune, screen, tires, sprocket.................... you get the idea. :)

I have ridden and owned both for years. I had an 01 and a 03 tiller. My 01 i put 35k on her before i got my 2003 new. I logged 2k miles on the 03 then my ex took it in the divorce. I miss the tiller and prefer its sound and low end grunt for sure. That being said i have owned a number of busas. They are the best for 2 up for sure. The low end of the bus is a little different than the widow maker but not in a bad way. Where the tiller gives up and puffs out on the higher ranges in the grunt area the bus is just coming to life in a big way. Honestly 2 different critters. Riding position is a lot alike, with the tiller being maybe just a little more aggressive. The bus does not have all the suspension issues the tiller had but it does have it own. I don't think it is possible to find a more comfortable rocket honestly. If the 2 bikes were side by side and i had to choose and i could only choose 1......The bus would win due to its sheer power and comfort. The tiller would win for exhaust note and notoriety as well as looking just plain old fast as hell :)

There i was no help!
:lol:

I love mine I have the original 99 busa. only 37k on it I have only had it like 6 months. I am 6ft and around 270, my with is 5'8 and a big girl to and we ride 2 up all the time and she loves it. she even says its more comfy then my old harley

I had a TL1000R (1997), a Hayabusa in 1999 and more latterly a TL1000s (2014) (Yes, the original Widowmaker) after a succession of Gixxer 1000's (yes, I'm a Suzuki guy lol) and in 2014 I got a Gen 2 2008 Busa and I recommend the Busa over all of them. There is just something undefinable about the feeling you get when you ride a Busa, solid, planted and Fasssssssst with a capital F! Also I had no problems with a pillion on the back of my Busa, mainly my Son....apart from sometimes forgetting he was there :lol:. If ever the Japanese have built soul into a bike it's the Busa, so don't delay, get one....today:lol:. Oh, they are great on track days too, surprising many out and out sports bikes with their handling and acceleration out of bends.:race:

Back