Computer Question

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
I came across a Dell XEON with Dual Processors. It has NO Ram in it, and also no video card (that I can see on-board). I did come across a funky looking video card that I threw in it. I powered it up and everything on the board (fans, hard drives, cd drives, all seem to work. I figure this would make a HECK of a machine to work with graphics and stuff at home, but have NO IDEA as to where to start. I know it is a retired medical device, and would have to be re-formatted. The IT group will not give out ANY info on retired equipment (I guess due to HIPPA regulations). Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get started on this monster??

PLEASE help. I wanna play with this thing, and don't wanna have to spend a fortune doing it!!

Get Some Ram and A Decent Video Card. You Would Need to F-DISK and Format the Hard Drive. Load an Operating Device and See what Works and Does'nt ? PM: If you have any Detailed Question.....

Goto Dell's website. I think you can find out what the original specs were by entering the Service Tag in the support section.

plenty of places online to buy ram cheap and on most of them you just select what make and model you have and they will tell you what you can use. Last I bought was from Arch Memory out of St. Louis and had really good luck with them. I ended up having to exchange one stick and they did it now questions asked in a very timely manner

https://www.archmemory.com/

beerchug.gif

Back