Compression Test???

Thanks Guys I have found one and will give it a go.

As a by the by the reason Im doing this is because this busa is the only one that I have owned that actually burns a bit of oil, its not bad but I would like to know where its going from. Then the other day I was chatting to a mate of mine who's opinion I respect and he said WHY do you want to get into tearing down the motor to replace valve seals etc when the bike runs well and makes good power. He does have a point.

Thanks Guys I have found one and will give it a go.

As a by the by the reason Im doing this is because this busa is the only one that I have owned that actually burns a bit of oil, its not bad but I would like to know where its going from. Then the other day I was chatting to a mate of mine who's opinion I respect and he said WHY do you want to get into tearing down the motor to replace valve seals etc when the bike runs well and makes good power. He does have a point.

Ok just an update, these things naw at me until I figure them out so back in the garage to figure it out, and I did (whoopee).

The result

My compression tester had a bad seal where the adapters connect so it was leaking like a good un. Also it reads 10psi less than it should (checked against 3 other gauges).

So sorted this out and ran the compression test again and the result was 170psi as near as dam it across all four cylinders so Now Im a happy Bunny.

Still going to buy a leakdown tester just for keeps and practice.

Thanks again for the advice

Back