Compare And Contrast

HoboJoe

Registered
Gentlemen, hoping you can help in the decision making process. Case #1. An 01'. 9k on the clock. Stock. In moth balls for quite a while. 10+ hrs. Needs tires for sure. Seller seems to know his stuff. Says all the right things. Says he's had it gone over wheel to wheel. Replaced several items. Is a color I'm not at all fond of. That would have to change for certain. Aftermarket, paint, wrap, whatever. Asking $4200. Case #2. An 05'. Stock as well. 15k on the clock. That Gray and Black. I could live with that very nicely, Thank You. Nothing more than normal wear and tare. Pretty much turn key I guess. Asking $5500. At the end of the day they would more or less even out numbers wise, but there might be something I'm missing. As always, your advise and opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would say why did it go in mothballs after 9k? If you are not a mechanically inclined and don't really enjoy working on bikes go with a running turn key bike that you can take a test ride on.

the 01 may have trans issues with second if it has not been fixed. Other than that both about equal. Tech same machine. 1000 diff in price but you need to paint or mod the 01. If it was me, i would do the 01. Simply because anything i buy never stays stock neither color nor mechanics.

The 01 ecu, rotor would need to be upgraded to an 02-07 before it could be flashed.
Which noticeably wakes the bike up.
Not needed, but worth doing.

Back