Cold Fusion, here we go again..........

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
Researchers at a US Navy laboratory have unveiled what they say is "significant" evidence of cold fusion.

My sources always said "maybe" someday to cold fusion, but there seemed to be no solid reasoning as to why room temperature fusion "should" be possible.

Link:

Scientists in possible cold fusion breakthrough

Years ago, when cold fusion was "hot", a very senior coworker of mine got funded to build and test a cold fusion setup. It was all done very low key and not many people knew the work was going on. I looked at his data, and while no neuts were produced, the data was very very interesting. Clearly something was going on, even if there was not a good explanation of exactly what was going on.

Producing neutrons by this process would be a huge thing, and anybody claiming to have done so will be treated with extreme skepticism by the scientific community, especially if the counts are very low. There are other sources for the neutrons and it is likely someone will find out where the error or contamination is.

Unfortunately, even if there is "something there" (and I believe there is, based on my earlier experiences), anybody working in this area of research should expect to have their reputation ruined. :rulez:

Unless they get lucky and win the Nobel Prize.

(might be a good time to buy palladium futures.)
(then again, maybe it's not! ! !)

Years ago, when cold fusion was "hot", a very senior coworker of mine got funded to build and test a cold fusion setup. It was all done very low key and not many people knew the work was going on. I looked at his data, and while no neuts were produced, the data was very very interesting. Clearly something was going on, even if there was not a good explanation of exactly what was going on.

Producing neutrons by this process would be a huge thing, and anybody claiming to have done so will be treated with extreme skepticism by the scientific community, especially if the counts are very low. There are other sources for the neutrons and it is likely someone will find out where the error or contamination is.

Unfortunately, even if there is "something there" (and I believe there is, based on my earlier experiences), anybody working in this area of research should expect to have their reputation ruined. :rulez:

Unless they get lucky and win the Nobel Prize.

(might be a good time to buy palladium futures.)
(then again, maybe it's not! ! !)

Agreed, seems to be an argument where "those" neutrons "actually" came from. Once bitten twice shy, hopefully these guys know what they will go through to prove their theory.

It has to be repeatable and measurable to be proven. I wish them luck. If it proves to be good it could be the next big break though in science.

I for one, am hopeful that we can find a new source of energy that wouldn't involve shelling out money to the middle east. On top of that, I think a discovery like that could mark a new era in science and technology.

I for one, am hopeful that we can find a new source of energy that wouldn't involve shelling out money to the middle east. On top of that, I think a discovery like that could mark a new era in science and technology.

The "timing" on this is interesting:whistle:

Ditto on that, brother. Love my internal combustion engines, but it sure would be nice to tell those f*heads to drink their oil.

That goes for Hugo Chavez too. Never buy gas at Citgo. Ever.

[tinfoilhat]Well timing wise it does kinda make sense. You figure the Oil Companies and their scumbags in Washington has to some extent been flushed down the toilet where they belong, and without the assistance of the Feds to Squash, Ban, or do whatever they can to keep oil king?

Who knows? Maybe with the oppression lessened some folks are actually allowed to press forward.

[/tinfoilhat]

Actually, rumor has it the Navy never stopped investigating cold fusion. They would really like to replace the nuclear reactors on subs and ships. The Navy has always been pretty gutsy about research, God bless 'em.:thumbsup:

Back