coil voltage

@202mphbusa
Why do you want to have them live all the time? Is it to have the most voltage possible being fed direct from the battery?
Are you finding some voltage drop at the coils feed wires?
I’ve never tested this, but is it possible for the ground wire to the coil to have continuity to ground WITHOUT the key/ignition on??
Will the coil be grounded without the ECU powered up, but with the signal from the CPS being triggered with the crankshaft rotor in the position it needs to be.... IF the engine is stopped and the rotor happens to align with the trigger in place... is what I’m trying to say.
You may need to test this.
Crank the engine over with jump cable to the starter and check the ground wire for switching continuity to ground with your multi meter...

I used to have a hard starting issue
Voltage at coils was lowish
I literally cut that wire and fed it a switch 12v bike fired instantly
been riding like that for a couple years

Rewired everything when I moved my battery back under the seat a month or so ago
according to my data log and ECU FI light It looks like I am losing the 12v to the coils randomly
I am going to replace the relay that feeds my keys 12v circuits to a better relay and if that does not fix it
I may give it battery voltage direct
or maybe feed it a SOLID keyed 12v off the starter relay

I used to have a hard starting issue
Voltage at coils was lowish
I literally cut that wire and fed it a switch 12v bike fired instantly
been riding like that for a couple years

Rewired everything when I moved my battery back under the seat a month or so ago
according to my data log and ECU FI light It looks like I am losing the 12v to the coils randomly
I am going to replace the relay that feeds my keys 12v circuits to a better relay and if that does not fix it
I may give it battery voltage direct
or maybe feed it a SOLID keyed 12v off the starter relay
Hi, What coils are you using? Is anyone using Energy Coils [$860.00] ?Or Dyna [$632.00] Or stock coils. And why.

did not get up to the track
Got home. swapped the V-Max for the Busa on the lift

Rewired my coil 12v to a different 12v keyed
and went for a quick test hit, had limited time as I had to get wifey from work

Tommorrow AM easy 70 mile bike ride then tinker tinker tinker
gotta swap from land speed gearing, gonna get me arrested
to the drag gearing, gonna loop it if it hooks :D
HP problems man rough life

Back