coffee,tea, coke...

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
well...it has been about a month since i had my kidney stone ...i decided not to drink coke,coffee,tea any more.. i was drinking 1-2cup of tea,2-3 coke and 4-5 cup of coffee every day...
believe it or not i have not craved for any of these drinks for the last month and i have replaced them all with drinking water instead... i am in good shape and not over weight, i weigh about 184 and 5' 11'' tall..the only thing i noticed is that i get hungry more often and having more snacks which i hope it does not cause me gain weight..
but sure tasted good having my lunch or dinner with a glass of ice coke!!:laugh::laugh:

While not having had any kidney issues, I cut out all sodas,etc for about a year once. Back then I was working at Cisco and they had coolers on every floor of every building loaded with anything you could think of to drink (coke products, pepsi products, bottled waters, juices, teas, etc)....all FREE :cool:. Before I made the decision to quit and go to all water I actually caught myself drinking almost a 12pack a day. But hey, when its free you just dont pay attention to it, just walk past the cooler, grab one and go back to the desk. I am trying to get back to it now but its hard, sometimes with the current job a soda and piece of fruit has to do for breakfast. I do recall feeling better, sleeping better and actually dropping 10-15lbs even though I was drinking all diet pepsi. Stick with it, a soda once in a while won't kill you but its very easy to just go back to your old habits. Good luck :thumbsup:

im having a hard time quitting the pop, i mean i dont drink much (maybe 3 a day), but cutting it out all together would be awesome:thumbsup:

what's helped me in cutting down on soda intake is to go to those sugar free flavored water drinks and crystal light style beverages....they're still more than sweet enough to work for my cravings, but much better for you overall.

the way i am looking at is that i am 55 years old and my body and organs are not the same as when i was very young,so i am just trying to cut back or not drink or eat things that can be a factor on sickness or diseases..could i do everything right?? the answer is no but at least i can try..

the way i am looking at is that i am 55 years old and my body and organs are not the same as when i was very young,so i am just trying to cut back or not drink or eat things that can be a factor on sickness or diseases..could i do everything right?? the answer is no but at least i can try..
Starting to look at the family tree also. Not too worried about the 85, 90 year olds that come down with something.

Back