clutch problems on my 08 busa

bohnzilla

Registered
was wondering if anyone can help me out i have a 08 hayabusa and this year i stripped the oil drain plug i put a longer one in and now it doesnt leak but now i am having problems with my clutch slipping and i only have 10,00 miles on it and never drag raced it yet was wondering if the longer drain plug would effect any of this if anyone knows

I'm not sure about the effect of putting a longer drain plug in but may I ask what type of oil you used? I know some car engine oils that have cleaners and additives will cause your clutch to slip.

I'm sure somebody will be along to answer your drain plug question. :beerchug:

ZERO CHANCE ANY OIL PLUG WILL AFFECT CLUTCH, ZERO.

Now with that said like Nick said some oils can cause your clutch to slip.
If you used a car oil or any oil that has 'friction-modifiers' in it that can cause slippage.

ZERO CHANCE ANY OIL PLUG WILL AFFECT CLUTCH, ZERO.

Now with that said like Nick said some oils can cause your clutch to slip.
If you used a car oil or any oil that has 'friction-modifiers' in it that can cause slippage.

What he said. You could also be having an issue if when it was leaking, you ran it low on oil. This would cause the clutch to get hot and potentially fry.

Might also simply have lever adjusted in too far so you can reach it and this is causing the slippage.
If it doesnt draw all the way in or release all the way out it will slip.

What position is your lever set on ?

i used suzuki synthetic oil oil and i didnt drive it once i saw it was leaking i drained the oil fix the plug and bought new suzuki synthetic oil to put back in i noticed it starts slipping once it heats up i took it up to 10grand the other day screwing around with my buddy not sure if that did anything to it

I think Blanca is merely stressing the "what position is you lever set on?" question.

Have you had the clutch out at all?

Exactly how much oil did you put back in?

If you fried the clutch, I think it would be more likely to drag than slip.

Check that the oil is exactly the same spec. If in doubt call the oil manufacturer and ask if they changed the "recipe". This happened to a guy I race with, he had clutch issues and called, they said that they had changed the formula.

You haven't drained/replaced the clutch fluid recently, have you? If let sitting empty for an extended period the slave may dry, causing the cylinder to stick.

Back