clutch covers...

m_ridgeway

pipeline trash
Donating Member
Registered
Who has a quick access clutch cover? Any drawbacks and where to get one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Schnitz Racing site has a few to choose from..the CF one is a eye catcher. Some are cast aluminium and some are billet.

There are probably many other places that have them...that is just the first place that came to mind.

I have an RPM on my Busa, but there are several to choose from. I would start with Schnitz or RCs Performance

Thanks guys. I've seen that carbon one and my mallet jumped off the roof. Ill talk to schnitz.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a cast one...MRE, I have not had the need to change parts at the track, but I thought it would be useful + save the oil if I did have to change clutch discs. It would also be more useful with a basket that has counter weights that need adjusting round to round. If you do get one get another gasket...if the new one does not come with one.

so the only drawback that I can think of is that depending on the cover you may have to cut the right fairing for clearance. Also, I would think if you're using the quick access cover to swap clutch parts then you would want to have direct access without haing to remove your fairing. If you only need a cover for clearance when using a lock-up you can get a modified OE cover where they only add some clearance for the arms. These don't allow you "quick-access" but give you the clearance you need.

P1106366.jpg

+1 on cutting the plastic...to get at the cover quickly. You could trim it so that you can bolt up the panel, but that would defeat the purpose of a quick access cover.

318.JPG

Back