Chrome Decals

drewwerd13

Registered
I recently bought a bunch of chrome decals to go over the stock decals on my hayabusa. I wanted to ask a question to those who may have used the same decals (or any decals at all)... Should I use the "wet technique" with soapy water so I can move it around?? Or would it be best to just lay them on dry and risk putting them on wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've done my fair share of decal mods with Tapeworks stuff, including a whole new color scheme for my 954. Personally, I like the dry technique, but your margin for error is precariously slim.

Especially with the chrome decals which tend to be (or at least feel) a little thinner than their normal vinyl stock, I would suggest applying wet. It will be easier to get them where you want them and the risk of ruining them altogether is much less. The only thing you'll have to do is let them cure overnight before riding or polishing the bike.

I've always done the wet install buyt used glass cleaner instead of water, it worked pretty well. I got that tip from a place that installed window tint and graphics on cars

After i had an accident i had to put new decals on and would def recomend the wet method. You'll f it up if you don't. A couple of drop of soap in about pint of water will do.

I've always done the wet install buyt used glass cleaner instead of water, it worked pretty well. I got that tip from a place that installed window tint and graphics on cars
I like to apply decals wet usin' a few drops of Johnson's Baby Shampoo in a spray bottle full of water as a lube. Be careful usin' glass cleaners with amonia. They can actually break down the adhesive backing on some decals and cause peelin' issues.

Back