Check reading and temp gauge rising to high

wscycle

Registered
My bike is an 08 and last sunday when i looked at the gear indicator i saw it changing to check and simultaneus the temp gauge rising to high level :banghead:,then it goes back to normal :thumbsup:.That happened continously during the day :unhappy:.The bike have a power commander 5 with auto tune and x-tre but was instelled a few months ago with no problems.Help please :please:

On here I heard a couple people dealing with the same thing and ow and behold they had an XTRE also. I cant remember what the outcome was, but remember reading about it. Do some searching...... Was in 08 Gen II section. Sorry not more help.

If you can drop the XTRE, do so and see if it clears up, if not drop the PC. As previously posted at least one other owner had similar mods and issues.

My bike is an 08 and last sunday when i looked at the gear indicator i saw it changing to check and simultaneus the temp gauge rising to high level :banghead:,then it goes back to normal :thumbsup:.That happened continously during the day :unhappy:.The bike have a power commander 5 with auto tune and x-tre but was instelled a few months ago with no problems.Help please :please:

Well mines been doing the same. First it was a wierd reading on drive off re gear selector, then rising temp gauge.I contacted the manufacturer and they implied I had a faulty install. That's fine except I've been a comm. Tech.for 30 yrs But rather than argue via email I just disconected it from the bike and then reinstalled it. Symtom changed, working ok now. So not as much faith in the product now.If it happens again it comming out for good...
Posted via Mobile Device

I send an email to Heal Thech (xtre) about the problem and that was they said.I use electrical grease to all the connections that i do on my bike so there is no chance of humidity but i will follow those instrucctins to see if works and probably disconect and reconect as valkyriemc said.Thanks

Thank you for your email - I'm sorry to hear about the problem. At first, regarding the problem of the original poster - we have not heardabout it before but it should not be related to the XTRE or to theBlack/Green wire which was cut.Maybe as simple as a dead battery? Regarding your problem, it sounds like there is a poor connection, mostlikely at one of the quick connectors.I'd recommend to check a few things in the following order: 1) Check the connection of the XTRE Red wire.Connect it directly to the positive terminal of the battery and see how itgoes.
2) Do not bend the XTRE harness near the 4p connector. Otherwise the pinsdon't have a solid contact and may get loose or break over time.
3) Remove the two yellow quick connectors and do the splice without it.Soldering is recommended.
4) Disconnect the 3-pole and 4-pole connectors, and check whether allconnector pins are in place, not bended or pushed out of position.Check that the wires did not came off from the terminals.If you have, spray some WD40 into the plugs.Then reconnect, and make sure the connectors are locked properly.
5) Make sure the XTRE box is secured properly with Velcro and cable ties, sothere's no stress on the 4P connector. I hope this helps, and please let me know how it goes.

Mine is doing this also now; It worked fine for the day and now is acting up("Check" is showing on gear indicator and Temp is all the way hot). All the connections are soldered and tonight I am going to try the jump plug to see if that helps. Any update on what happened with yours?

Last edited:
Mine is doing this also now; It worked fine for the day and now is acting up("Check" is showing on gear indicator and Temp is all the way hot). All the connections are soldered and tonight I am going to try the jump plug to see if that helps. Any update on what happened with yours?

If your asking about my bike(?), I dunno, I haven't ridden in a while due to non stop rain for 10(?) days here in NE Florida...

Last edited:
It is working good :thumbsup: .I wired directly to the battery and no check and temp gauge on normal temp.Thanks to Heal Tech.

Hi Everyone:

I was also getting these symptoms on my bike. I posted a help question on the forms here:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/115331-temp-guage-going-into-red.html

Did not link the intermittent Gear position indicator occasionally not showing the gear position and showing CHECK instead. Also the Gear position indicator when it worked would take 1-2 seconds to register the Gear position. Everything seemed to work fine otherwise, and this started happening right after the XTRE install which I am sure I did correctly. I left fixing this until I had a reason to lift the tank (had a Ohlins steering damper installed which I would have to pull off) and figured that it would be OK.:banghead::banghead:

My Temp Gauge problem started happening on a long day trip I was on this last weekend, which coincidentally was the hottest and most humid day this summer, so that is why it was a cooling issue with the bike and did not link the intermittent Gear Position problem with the Temp Gauge issue:banghead::banghead:.

I will be checking the XTRE tonight when I get home, and may just decide to pull it altogther.

I will post up what I find in this thread and in my original thread I started. Hopefully this will resolve my issues and can be back on the road this weekend.

Thanks all.

Rumble.

You guys don't need X-tre's. If you want no 6th gear de-restriction, full ignition advance in all gears, there are better ways, have your ecu re-flashed or buy the equipment and do it yourself, then you don't run the same fuel tables in all gears like TRE products force you into.

ECU Flashing

Just removed a X-tre on a 09 to fix the whole Temp gauge reading hot, check/no gear indicator and threw it in the trash. Considering the green/bk wire it taps into is the comm wire from ecu to gauges I'm not surprised this little superfluous box causes issues.
You guys don't need X-tre's. If you want no 6th gear de-restriction, full ignition advance in all gears, there are better ways, have your ecu re-flashed or buy the equipment and do it yourself, then you don't run the same fuel tables in all gears like TRE products force you into.

ECU Flashing
Couldn't agree more!

Back