Changing tire size?

gwillardjr

Registered
I've got a chance to buy the Dunlop 207's at a great price. The only problem is the size, the rear is a 200 not a 190. Can anyone tell me what kind of problems this may cause?

You will not have any problems running a 200, but it will change your geariing ratios a little. the 190 runs about 76.75 and the 200 runs about 77.25. This will change your bottom and top slightlyby about 1 1/2-2 mph. Will only matter if you are trying to race.

the size might also affect the way it handles. it may not lean over as easy. it might feel as thought it want to stand up straight in a turn

there is probably a reason the 207's are at a great price. May want to check into age on them

There is a date code on every tire made....its on the side of the tire. Look for the DOT stamp....right next to this there will be a four digit number....the first two are the week of the year that they were made. The second two are the year they were made.

0101 would be the first week of 2001
2802 would be the twenty eighth week of 2002

I wouldn't buy tires that were more than about two years old and that didn't have that slippery feel to them....they dry out after awhile and won't perform as well as a fresh tire.

I went to a 180 from a 190,, Felt like I got off the busa and got on a 1000. world of difference in the curves

Yeah, lots of folks talk about tire sizes making "Huge Differences" and I am pretty sure they are simply parroting what they have heard at least when going from a 190 to a 200. When I went up in size it made little difference, the Busa handled great before, and it handled great after. I am a pretty "feel" oriented rider and honestly it made little difference.

But, I have to agree with the "Reason they are a great deal"... My experiance is that Dunlops pretty much suck on the Busa and other heavy bikes, especially older compound/technology tires.

My .02 Get some M-1's or Pilot Powers and be happy...

I have got myself a set og maxxis tyres... any review on them guys
rock.gif

i recently threw on a battlax 014 200/50/17 and damn is it awesome...bike feels even more sturdy than it was!!!!! *highly recommended!*

I JUST PUT A SET OF D208s ON MY 04. MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN STOCK. IN THE STRAITS & CURVES. I LIKE THEM BUT THE SEEM TO BE WAERING VERY FAST 1500 MILES AND LOOKING LOW ON RUBBER ON BACK TIRE.

I only downsized for the trip to the dragon, after that the 190 goes back on,, I love to do wheelies and the 180 is much more difficult to keep straight . Due to smaller contact area

Back