Changing out the front sprocket

Orion

Registered
I am trying to change out my front sprocket. My problem is as I am trying to loosen the nut (the one holding the sprocket on) but I am turning the motor instead(I have it in 1st gear). Consequently, the nut is not comming loose. I need to somehow keep the sprocket from turning. Can someone who's done one before please tell me how?

Thanks!

Are you using a impact wrench? I just changed mine last week with a buddy of mine. all we did was take off the cover. Leave everything else ointact. Break the nut loose with the impact wrench, THEN loosen the rear push up the tire take chain loose. Remove sprocket, change then put everything back together. Hope It helps

yep...try the impact wrench...
Didn't he just say that? Ya POSTWHORE!

hehe good job!
super.gif

Poo! I have the swingarm off already and can't use the brake. I'll try the impact gun. If that doesn't work I will have to wait till I get everything put back together and have someone engage the rear brake. Thanks for your help guys!

Poo!  I have the swingarm off already and can't use the brake.  I'll try the impact gun.  If that doesn't work I will have to wait till I get everything put back together and have someone engage the rear brake.  Thanks for your help guys!
Try draining all the oil out of the bike, start it, rev the sh!t out of it till it seizes. Then it will be easy!
laugh.gif

If that dosen't work, and you don't have an impact wrench and air pressure. You can buy an impact driver from Sears for about $25.

yea what they said put the back brake on and get impact wrench
cool.gif

just did mine few nights ago
smile.gif

Back