Changing out my exhaust...

makahabusa

Registered
I'm thinking about changing out my exhaust system to a Yoshimura RS3- 4 to 1 system. My questions:1. do I need a power commander once this system is in? 2. do I need to modify the airbox 3. what other modifications will need to be done to install this system on my 03 busa 4. Is the Yoshimura kit complete? Thanks in advance
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

I believe the PC is highly recommended to get the most benefit from that system, but not absolutely required. I haven't done the airbox mod but I'm considering it. You might want to pick up some header wrap to make sure you don't melt the fairings.

WHATEVER YOU DO IF YOU PUT IN MORE FUEL PUT IN MORE AIR WITH AIRMODS; AND YOU MIGHT NEED TO SHIM NEEDLES IN FUEL INJECTORS 0.002. CHECK ON YOSHIMURA'S WEBSITE FOR POWER COMMANDER DOWNLOADS FOR YOUR APPLICATION. THEY WILL HAVE ALL THE SPECS. JUST DONT RUN LEAN. POPPING ON DECELERATION MEANS NOT ENOUGH AIR.

if you change to a new exhaust you will need to remove the pair valve to prevent popping backfires.... there are no needles to shim on the busa

If your going to go full 4-2-1 system you might as well go all the way and get the PCIII USB . I got the Yoshi TRS and love it . I like the tri-Oval look better . And the sound is Awesome . After dyno-tuning I got 164 rear wheel horses. And the TRS is about $660.00 or less now for the full system. Yoshi fits Suzuki like a friggin condom you won't need any header wrap.

Yes, go with a PC if you are going to a full system. The full system will be a waste of money unless you get a correct map with for the full system. I lost power by just running the Yosh full system without a PC.

makahabusa... here are the answers for your questions.

a) Yes you will need a PC3
b) It's not necessary to do the airbox mod. But people have recomended the Pair Valve Mod for the full system
c) Yeah the kit is complete, nothing that you have to buy extra

biggrin.gif

I just recently installed my full system on my Busa. I got the Yoshi Tri-Oval Dual Tip exhaust, did the pair valve mod(got the kit from BDE) and I love this system. pics to come on a seperate thread. The PC3R is next for me although The Busa seems to run fine to me but might as well throw in that PC3R.

Back