Chachachachachanges

I'd imagine that since his bike is already set up with just one rotor it's probably geared pretty low, unless the previous owner did it just for looks. Since Six pack brought it up, what gen is the bike?

He's looking at a gen1
05 I think

I have no idea how it's geared now. That's one of the many questions I have for the Man. Is is by the way an 03'. Don't know if you had a chance to see the photos I posted. I'll put them out there again. Got a number of replies when I did and appreciated that. Maybe another look while help my cause. A lot can be gleaned from a photo of you know what you're looking for. I've studied them as much as I can and would, as always appreciate any further input. Thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The front end looks like it was lowered and with that extended rear, I'll bet it was a street dragster more than anything else. It hasn't been fully lightened up as a full drag bike would be so that's good. You can count the teeth in the sprockets and see if it has a drag chain, one with a clip master link probably or a rivet master link chain (more desirable) for a real daily rider. Also, no chain guard probably due to the extended rear and longer chain. What's that large golden orb on the triple clamp, a speedo healer?

The front IS lowered, has an aftermarket top clamp so fork tubes can slide throught.
10 minutes to put back to normal ride heigth with a front forklift stand.
Rear has extension blocks, unbolt and done.
Tires have little chicken strips, so someone is cruising it good considering the stretch.
Rear tire also isn't flat in the center from burnouts(but of course tires are changed easily). Bike looks really clean.
From the pics, I'de tend to think that it's a street cruiser, maybe seen a few passes at the track. But, these engines are solid.
If it runs and sounds good, appears taken care of, and 2nd gear doesn't slip, that's all you really need be concerned with.
Any other fixes are minor.
It also has a $1200 full Brocks exhaust.
If I wanted a black gen1, I'de be happy with that for about 4k -4500. Ditch the extentions, raise it up, add the front rotor/caliper, set suspension sag, and go ride.
Gearing doesn't really matter either. A front sprocket is around $20, and a rear is around $80-140, brand and material depending. They are also easy to change.
A speedohealer is a good idea stock too, as the factory is off around 7%.

Damn! You guys are F-Ing Good. Just a few points if I may. Why, Sixpack would you suggest making the changes you outlined? The suspension sag and rotor are a given but would the rest be strictly a matter of personal taste and ascetics or would there be a mechanical reasoning behind them? To me these Bikes are the nicest looking machines on the Motorway, and in this configuration or in its stock form it's the lines that set it apart from the rest. Big and wide like a beautiful woman. With all the right Junk in all the right Places. I could go either way and be quite happy Thank You. Have tried like heck to find an unmolested version in good shape but they are pretty hard to come by. At least at a reasonable price. Additionally, my opinion was same as yours. Nice clean Street cruiser with Stones. Seller is asking 5K. If you think that is too high a price, please tell me what you base that on. Finally, is there a problem with two Golden Orbs???

IMO and it's worth what you paid for it, the factory set the bike up pretty darn good for their purposes. For a little better low end a lot of folks go up three teeth in the rear. That will take away from the top end and make the bike a little harder to manage. Your bike is lowered and stretched which typically helps keep the front down when you do so. Dropping the rear a few teeth really will not help the bike with simple bolt ons. The bike will not have enough torque and horsepower to take you beyond 200 MPH. The bike will behave sluggish.

Damn! You guys are F-Ing Good. Just a few points if I may. Why, Sixpack would you suggest making the changes you outlined? The suspension sag and rotor are a given but would the rest be strictly a matter of personal taste and ascetics or would there be a mechanical reasoning behind them? To me these Bikes are the nicest looking machines on the Motorway, and in this configuration or in its stock form it's the lines that set it apart from the rest. Big and wide like a beautiful woman. With all the right Junk in all the right Places. I could go either way and be quite happy Thank You. Have tried like heck to find an unmolested version in good shape but they are pretty hard to come by. At least at a reasonable price. Additionally, my opinion was same as yours. Nice clean Street cruiser with Stones. Seller is asking 5K. If you think that is too high a price, please tell me what you base that on. Finally, is there a problem with two Golden Orbs???

I personally, just my opinion, belive that you should experience riding a stock height, correct sag, and if possible, improved braking.....superbike.
You don't have to drag a knee, or any where close, to appreciate the cornering.
It will handle like it's on rails, curves or straight.
What it was meant to do.
The Busa handles great, as it is what it is the, the gsxr1k's fat older sister.

Those orbs are just the fork tops. They'll disappear after the front end is raised to stock height. IMO I'd ride it for awhile after you get the front brakes sorted out to see how you like it. It looks like it hauls azz in a straight line but if you like swooping thru the corners, you'll prefer the stock length and height.

My thoughts precisely. Get it under me and take it from there. Gotta get these big wheels rolling but before I go, I knew there was something I forgot. What exactly do you fellas mean by "Chicken Strips" ?and once again, not to belabor the point but why would you think it worth only between 4k and 4500.? Is it because of the way it's set up? It's age? Or something I'm not seeing? Of course, I can't be sure till I see it but it does look like someone has taken great pride of ownership in it. That would mean a lot to me. Rarely do you see someone maintaining cosmetics to this degree and not following suit with mechanics or vice versa. It is after all a complete package deal if you're going to do it right. Thanks

Chicken strips is really a misnomer for street riders and something other riders like to point out that the rider with them can't or won't lean over enough to scrub off the very edges of the tires. I corner pretty well and mine are about 1/4" to 1/2" but I run the OEM 190/50 rear. I also run multi compound touring tires with softer edges and harder centers, PR 2s, 3s or 4s. Good stick in the corners and long mileage for straight up riding which is what ALL riders do more than carve corners. Let us know how you like it.

Just to close out this Chiken Strip thing, guess I'll be upping my stock of 40 or 50 Grit. Alternatively, maybe I'll stay away from any close ups of the tires! Hope you don't refer to me as Chicken S##t.....Nah, I take that back. Call me anything you like...just don't call me late for Dinner

Back