Central nj install shop needed

Hoopech1

Registered
Does anyone know where I should go to get my new exhaust installed? Unfortunately, I do not have the capability to do it in my garage so if there are any shops in the area that can handle it, please let me know. Thanks.

Does anyone know where I should go to get my new exhaust installed?  Unfortunately, I do not have the capability to do it in my garage so if there are any shops in the area that can handle it, please let me know.  Thanks.
were in NJ are you, i am at exit 58 on GSP, if you want i could prob help you out with the install...i dont know when i would have time to do it but i am sure i could work somethin out...

Not sure where you're located, but I bought mine at Cycle World of Cherry Hill, even though I live in Philly. They've done routine service on mine, and they seem to be pretty good people. A few friends recommended them to me, so maybe give them a call.

I am in Edison-which is like 127 on the GSP..

SPEED: I appreciate the offer, but I am quite far from where you are. It would cost more in gas to make the trip than for someone to install it I will probably just get it done around here-there is Rizzon cycle not too far in Middlesex and another place-Burger's I think is the name.

05: Yeah, the same with Cherry Hill. It's like over an hour or so to get down there-I know there are some good folks in the area, I just was seeing if anyone near me preferred one place over another.

Thanks.

Do it yourself,that way you know its done right.Its not that hard.

I am in Edison-which is like 127 on the GSP..

SPEED: I appreciate the offer, but I am quite far from where you are.  It would cost more in gas to make the trip than for someone to install it I will probably just get it done around here-there is Rizzon cycle not too far in Middlesex and another place-Burger's I think is the name.

05: Yeah, the same with Cherry Hill.  It's like over an hour or so to get down there-I know there are some good folks in the area, I just was seeing if anyone near me preferred one place over another.

Thanks.
Look up Bay cycle in Bayonne I think. They are pretty good.

Would I need a bike jack or stands to get the bike up? Would I need to buy additional gaskets or should they come in the new setup or can I reuse the old ones? Would I need any special tools for the job or is the basics enough?

The more I think about it, the more I think I might do it myself....depending on the answers, of course....

You will need basic hand tools including metric allen keys. Also before you begin order from summit racing 2 sheets of that high heat peel and stick heat wrap (12X24 inches) I covered the insides of all the plastic to keep from melting.
Good luck and enjoy!

Would I need a bike jack or stands to get the bike up?  Would I need to buy additional gaskets or should they come in the new setup or can I reuse the old ones?  Would I need any special tools for the job or is the basics enough?

The more I think about it, the more I think I might do it myself....depending on the answers, of course....
no jack/stands needed...
gaskets may/may no be included, if non replace with new ones...
metric hand tools needed only...

to make things easier you may want to drain and drop the rad... it'll give you alot more room. Have you removed the pair or modded it yet? If not then now's the time to consider it...

Would I need a bike jack or stands to get the bike up?  Would I need to buy additional gaskets or should they come in the new setup or can I reuse the old ones?  Would I need any special tools for the job or is the basics enough?

no jack/stands needed...
gaskets may/may no be included, if non replace with new ones...
metric hand tools needed only...

to make things easier you may want to drain and drop the rad... it'll give you alot more room. Have you removed the pair or modded it yet? If not then now's the time to consider it...
Wow, that does sound easy-well, easier...I guess I should order up some of the heat wrap and a bag of marbles! Thanks.

You will need basic hand tools including metric allen keys. Also before you begin order from summit racing 2 sheets of that high heat peel and stick heat wrap (12X24 inches) I covered the insides of all the plastic to keep from melting.
Good luck and enjoy!
What exactly did you cover? By covering the insides, how does that protect the outside form melting? I think I'm confused....

Dude how far are you from Englishtown Raceway Park? Del's performance has a shop their and in Paterson. I can attest to his work he is the best. I can hook you up, let me know.

Nope, no stands needed, +1 on the header wrap and heat barrier,HMF doesnt give you enough IMO.

Instead of getting any heat wrap, I was thinking of sending the system to Jet-Hot to get it coated before I install it. That way I don't have to worry about heat protection and I can get it coated black so it would match the bike. Any thoughts?

Instead of getting any heat wrap, I was thinking of sending the system to Jet-Hot to get it coated before I install it.  That way I don't have to worry about heat protection and I can get it coated black so it would match the bike.  Any thoughts?
it's a good thought... I would still cover the inside of the fairings a bit more than stock...

I have decided to send the pipes out for coating and install it myself. I got the exhaust and looked it over-should be a piece of cake as long as I take my time. Thanks.

Back