camera inside enclosed trailer

Had2

Registered
Ok fellas I've been digging for a couple days now and haven't found exactley what I'm looking for. That being said I'm sure someone on here has done or thought about doing it and I just cant find it, I'm hoping for some help here, I'm looking at mounting a camera on the inside of the trailer to keep an on on stuff while going down the road. Last trip we took we opened up the door only to find a Damn 14 laying against my baby. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and if so what set up did you use? I'm sure its possible but you would have one hell of a long cable running from trailer to truck. I'm not really interested in a wireless set up, I've heard of to many problems with them. Unless someone has had good luck with a certain set up I'm open to any ideas at this point. thanks guys

I have found that the best way to keep your bikes upright is to use a good motorcycle chock, then you will have no need to keep an eye on them. I use Baxleys in my trailer and never had a problem with bikes falling over in transit.

Attachments

• trailer recent.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 13,059
ya we were using a baxley on mine and a condor on the 14, we still have no clue what happened, and yes they were both tied down, the strap on the one side of the 14 came loose

and in all the years I've used tie down for dirt bikes, street bikes, and countless other times of different applications I've never had one "let go" I don't know if it was a fluke but I'll tell you what even if it was it was an expesive one new side fairings on the big girl

Seeing it fall won't help as much as preventing a fall. I mean you are going down the road and see in the monitor the bike has fallen over, I think the only thing you will get is pissed off a lot sooner and you will be behind the wheel of a truck towing a trailer when you do, not a good mix.

Rather than spending money on camera system spend it on a better system to secure it. There are quite a few different systems out there to secure a bike that can bring the risk of a tip over to zero. Seeing as how some of these systems are model specific sometimes your problem may come when you want to help out a friend with a haul. Tell your friend he is going to have pay for it or ride a bike that fits into the system in your trailer :laugh:

I always thought this combined with a Baxley would get the chance of a tip over 0% :laugh:

Someone has some real nice no strap wheel chocks on here for sale yesterday, I wish I could afford one

damn those might be the ticket, I wonder if they would work with a 240 rear? I've never seen those before, thats def a option. thanks guys

Seeing it fall won't help as much as preventing a fall. I mean you are going down the road and see in the monitor the bike has fallen over, I think the only thing you will get is pissed off a lot sooner and you will be behind the wheel of a truck towing a trailer when you do, not a good mix.

Rather than spending money on camera system spend it on a better system to secure it. There are quite a few different systems out there to secure a bike that can bring the risk of a tip over to zero. Seeing as how some of these systems are model specific sometimes your problem may come when you want to help out a friend with a haul. Tell your friend he is going to have pay for it or ride a bike that fits into the system in your trailer :laugh:

I always thought this combined with a Baxley would get the chance of a tip over 0% :laugh:
ya it's a great idea and I'm def gonna look into something like this, my thoughts behind the camera system tho is this, The way this thing let go in there and in the higher quality chocks they were in, " if a guys ever used one you know what I'm talking about" they do hold the bikes very well and will stand alone with no tie downs with out alot of bouncing around, I think the strap let go, then after a few miles of bouncing around I think it worked free out of the chock. If a guy by some dumb stroke of luck seen the thing leaning a little funny could have maybe got pulled over in time to save it. But that being said I think a guy would be money ahead by getting one of these pittbulls or sts systems like you said with the baxley or condor up front you should be good

If the bike falls over with the chock & pitbulls no need to worry about it cause your trailer and your bike are probably under a rig :laugh:

If the bike falls over with the chock & pitbulls no need to worry about it cause your trailer and your bike are probably under a rig :laugh:

LoL:laugh::laugh:, Ya I think the bike laying on the side on the inside of the trailer would be the least of my worries.

I have a system that I never hooked up since I'm considering selling my trailer but its a 7" screen for the truck, lines run back and I have 3 - 0 lux, full color cams for it. They are perfectly suited for nasty outdoor use and work well inside too. If I keep the trailer I'm putting it in there for sure before using it again. I got them from ebay but the dealer was actually in Brooklyn so I went up and checked it all out before ordering. All seems pretty easy to use and I have like $400 tied up in the system with the extra cameras and wiring. If you want to know where I got them I can go dig it up on my ebay purchase list for ya.

Ya that would be great, sorry it took so long to get back, but what ever you can get on the system you got let me know thanks

I was considering using a baby monitor. Figure I could power the camera via inverter since there usually 12volts wired into the trailer.

Link to summer baby monitor,
Summer

yep I've thought about stealin the lil ones video baby mon also, thats what actually gave me the idea, and I still might do because of the night vision characteristics of the pic you get when lights are off

There are a bunch of wired or wireless color cameras out there...after seeing this I'm going to mount a few in the hauler...the good / beneficial thing is you can pull them off when you get to the event or race and mount them on a car / bike / boat and keep using them...the gopros and other models are an alternative...I'm sure they can be hardwired into a 1 - 4 video display screen.

Back