cam swap

craigntx

Registered
its time for valve adj, so i figgered id do the exhaust/ intake cam swap. a shop said i can get 10 hp, and they'll install and program my pc3 for $300.
does this sound like the correct increase, and how much should i pay for the cam?

ive got a yoshi trs, the pc3, and +2 rear sprocket.
any other mods that would be as effective for the same $?
thanks
c

what you lose in bottom end it is better to get some yosh cams
and it is not a swap you need to adjust valves and install a set of cam sprockets and the degree. so for 300.00 to map and adjust vales and degree cam you are getting scammed

if you want to do a cam setup for cheap you should go with the web intake cam and put your current intake cam on the exhaust side. If i knew about this option when i did brocks exhaust cam I would have done it instead.

(sully @ Jul. 09 2007,05:42) if you want to do a cam setup for cheap you should go with the web intake cam and put your current intake cam on the exhaust side.  If i knew about this option when i did brocks exhaust cam I would have done it instead.
rock.gif

Do tell more... looking to add some last minute performance items before getting it to JC to tune...

SidePipeInstall.JPG

Purchase just the intake cam from the Web cam package, a set of APE cam sprockets and move your stock intake cam to the exhaust side and you are set. Everyone has their own way to build power but this seems to be a cheap way to get a few extra ponies.

(sully @ Jul. 10 2007,08:51) Purchase just the intake cam from the Web cam package, a set of APE cam sprockets and move your stock intake cam to the exhaust side and you are set.  Everyone has their own way to build power but this seems to be a cheap way to get a few extra ponies.
Do you have a web page address for this please?

(kja.busa @ Jul. 10 2007,03:26)
(sully @ Jul. 10 2007,08:51) Purchase just the intake cam from the Web cam package, a set of APE cam sprockets and move your stock intake cam to the exhaust side and you are set.  Everyone has their own way to build power but this seems to be a cheap way to get a few extra ponies.
Do you have a web page address for this please?
you've got mail

OK i've had a couple PM's about this mod, i will explain it to the best of my ability:

Parts needed-
hayabusazone.com's APE cam sprockets: CSAKS1300 $154.00 pair

Web intake cam from their cam package: WS70752 .378"/.330 --- hayabusazone also sells web cams but i don't know if they will split up the set, you will have to look a bit to find this one.

Install the web cam on the intake side and put the stock intake cam on the exhaust side, take it to have the cams degreed in and have a new map made for the setup. Some people say to upgrade the cam chain tentioner this is not required but i've been told that it is a good idea.

When you are done you should see power gains similar to a full cam upgrade, prob a hair less but it is half the cost.

(sully @ Jul. 10 2007,11:51) OK i've had a couple PM's about this mod, i will explain it to the best of my ability:

Parts needed-
hayabusazone.com's APE cam sprockets: CSAKS1300 $154.00 pair

Web intake cam from their cam package: WS70752  .378"/.330 --- hayabusazone also sells web cams but i don't know if they will split up the set, you will have to look a bit to find this one.

Install the web cam on the intake side and put the stock intake cam on the exhaust side, take it to have the cams degreed in and have a new map made for the setup.  Some people say to upgrade the cam chain tentioner this is not required but i've been told that it is a good idea.

When you are done you should see power gains similar to a full cam upgrade, prob a hair less but it is half the cost.
What is broblem this modifications?

i have what might be a stupid question, does changing out the cam give it a lopier idle if so does any one have this setup that has a sound clip of this
rock.gif
i want to do this ,but i really dont care about the hp gain i just want a lopier idle i have a 00 with full muzzy exhaust any suggestions? any any one has a sound clip could u email to gstanton96@sbcglobal.net

won't give you the idle your looking for but i have one in the for sale section if your interested

If you buy the Web intake from us and the sprockets, we will send the cam with the sprocket installed at no charge.

Jay

intake on the exhaust in NOT the ticket Trust me.
the ramp on the lobe faces the wrong way
SHOCKED.gif
Cheeseman;
I just had Web run a stock intake on the Cam Doctor. As I thought, the lobes are symmetrical.

Open and closing ramps are the same. If you PM me a fax number I will send the readout over to you.

Jay

Jay,

What about lobes in relation to where they are riding on the buckets?

Rick

Yes professor.When I put the intake on the exhaust side,you can see where the cam lobes are off set a little bit to one side on the bucket.So far I have not had a problem. part of the lobe in still directly over the center off the bucket.This is on a 1397 with 13.1 je pistons

Back