CALLING THE DARK SIDE: Lets see all your Black GenII's!

Heres mine from the uk:thumbsup:
DSC00527.jpg

Wow, I like the Yosh Pipes!:beerchug:

So you used spary paint for the look? Any tips on ow to get started? Looks really good.

Oh my bad dude, I didn't see your comment till now...

Before I say anything, I have A LOT of trial and error experience in this field of "cheap" paint jobs. Plus, I could write a book on this stuff but I'm just givin you the jist, so PM me if you've got any questions. :banana:

Step one: all fairings and tank off. Wet Sand the crap out of them first with 600 grit, then 800 grit, then 1000, then 1500. When I say sand the crap out of them, I mean you should be spending at least half an hour on each panel with each grit till every square inch is silky smooth. :banghead:

Step two: Primer, wait two days, wet sand with 1500 grit, then 2000 grit (same timing per fairing as when you were prepping for primer). If you want a great job, repeat this step (primer included) a few times... :banghead::banghead:

Step three: Once your fairings are silky smooth with primer on em and you let em sit for a few days to dry, now comes time to paint. Prepping for paint is the most labor intensive, but painting is the most artistic intensive part of the whole process. This is where you're kinda on your own unless you live in So Cal and I can show you. Just remember; even strokes (no pun intended :laugh:), try to get an even layer of paint on the whole surface area. If you want a great job, wait a few days between adding layers of coats. My bike is 4 coats of paint just to give you an idea as to what it looks like.

Sorry for the long post! Lemme know if you've got any questions dude! :thumbsup:

Back