California here I come!

Kassofcmb

Registered
My friend Scott (on his suzuki vx800) and I (on da busa) are taking a trip from Tacoma, WA down to San diego. Leaving either next week or week after. we are giving ourselves a week to get down there. Going 101 and 1, does anyone have a lawn we can pitch a tent in or a shower for use or just want a visit from two scruffy suzuki guys? Or do you think we should have ur number for local emergency (need tow to bike shop or something of the like).

It's gonna be a great trip.

Hey, alright! You guys are more than welcome to $-hit shower and shave at Lambs place. No sleepovers, sorry, no room! San Diego is where Lambs place is. Would love to meet you guys, either during the week or on the weekend. We could ride or just hang out and talk bikes. Please take Lambs #. He has AAA with the towing service. 619-871-2447.

We have a place to saty in San diego but I would love to hang and talk bikes. Will take ur number BTW gonna post lots o pics when back

Sounds like a cool and fun trip. Might be a little chilly but if you're dressed right, no big deal. Definately a nice ride along the coast. Hopefully you'll have good weather.

OK finally here in San Diego. Left 6 days ago and the going was cold!!!! Slept the 1st night ina tent in Coos Bay, OR. Well it dropped below freezing so sleep was eratic at best!

Second night we stayed in a hotel in Arcata, CA cause we had had enuf of camping.

3rd night where in a friends place in Willits, CA

4th night a hotel in San Francisco (francisco bay hotel is only 54 a night BTW and is decent.)

5th night was @ a state beach in a tent before LA much warmer.

on the last day about 20 miles from our destination I get a rear flat on the only little bit of I-5 before San Diego. by the time I got to shoulder the tire had hopped off rim. I put a tire plug in and muscled it back on then a hwy safety guy had a compressor with enuf muscle to re seat tire. but now off balance i limped it the rest of the way. it looks pretty rim chewed so I am tire shopping tomorrow anyone know a good spot in SD?

I love road adventures... sorry I missed this post til now. I know there are a couple cycle gear down there, here's one :
CYCLE GEAR #26
4150 Convoy St
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 565-2500
Store Hours:
Mon-Thurs 10-7
Fri. 10-8
Sat 9-6
Sun 10-5

They usually have good prices and a road hazard warranty.

Are you riding back up to Seattle soon?

Wow, I missed this post as well
sad.gif

When are you guys heading up back north?

Pics soon! Got the tire. oh and notice brakes needed replacing too! done! but does anyone have a line on fork seals (oil) Mine started leaking somewhere on the road and I need to get them replaced (also need help with that) and no one seems to have em in stock and I won't be here long enough to order em!

Hey call me when you get back home and we can get ya some new seals or do them for ya...I will tell you a limp home mod now for them,call me at the shop...503-663-3278

Back