Buzzing in the Handlebars

OrlandoFlBusa

Registered
Recently I have heard and felt a slight buzz in the handlebar area (might be up in the fairing actually) of the bike.

it mostly does it under power and is annoying.
I dont know if something needs tightening or what.

Anyone else have this issue ? and how do i get it to stop !

thanks

Might be the windscreen. I'm not sure of the fix, but do a search on windshield or windscreen.

My windscreen did that. I put a little piece of foam tape on it where it tucks in the front.

Its not the notorious Gen II hayabusa engine vibration between 4,500 rpm & 5,500 rpm is it ?

can you elborate a bit more. Is the vib in the grips or the fairing? All the time or at a specific rpm window?

My windscreen buzz drives me nuts...I've tried the tape trick, and that helps, but the buzz returns after a while. Got a double bubble by zero gravity.
Best fix for me is a good set of ear plugs!

CW

if its a fairing buzz, its almost certainly your windscreen. if its in the bar, try getting some heavier bar ends, will make a huge difference in your hand comfort :thumbsup:

you guys were right about the windscreen. when i reach up and hold it tight, it stops making the noise. Now I just have to figure out how to brace it up so I can let go !!!

Might be the windscreen. I'm not sure of the fix, but do a search on windshield or windscreen.

Do the search. You'll probably need to remove the windscreen and inspect everything. Put some foam tape on it and reseat it.

I have a buzz as well and have blamed it on my service center. I bought the bike and rode it about 210 miles home. Absolutely no numbness; nothing. After first service, I ride to work 15 miles and my hands get numb. I have tried gel grips, nitrogen in tires but nada. No issues until AFTER service.

I have a buzz as well and have blamed it on my service center. I bought the bike and rode it about 210 miles home. Absolutely no numbness; nothing. After first service, I ride to work 15 miles and my hands get numb. I have tried gel grips, nitrogen in tires but nada. No issues until AFTER service.

I find that when i ride with gloves on, my hands are much less fatigued and throttle hand is way less numb !!!

Back