Buying Used?

I love Flagstaff....head up there often for camping and hunting. Lots of nice roads to ride up there.

Last edited:
Replaced the cush drive, rotor, pads today.....

1985.jpeg

Lucky me. :banana:

I can put my helmet, jacket, gloves, radar detector etc in the suitcase when I go in a store to do grocery shopping.
When I come out I can put the groceries in the suitcase and suit up again for the ride home.

How many of you can get groceries on your Busa? :beerchug::race:

Man, I'm always worried I'll come out from the shopping center to find an empty space where my bike should be.
Mall car parks are one of the high risk theft places out!

Man, I'm always worried I'll come out from the shopping center to find an empty space where my bike should be.
Mall car parks are one of the high risk theft places out!

First is I don't live my life worrying about things that MIGHT happen. I would hate to have my bike stolen - but that is what insurance is for.

Second is we don't have "Mall car parks" here and I park somewhat in the line of sight from the store doors - so IF someone wanted my bike someone
might see them trying to take it.

One other thing is IF anyone knows anything about bikes they may not want a 13 year old bike anyways.
As a few posters seemed to think my bike having a suitcase on it wasn't to attractive anyways. So maybe a thief will pass on my bike.

HOWARD looks like you got a nice Gen 1 to ride and are having a good time with it. :race:

Ive been on the search for three months now. finally got a deal ironed down on an 08 with 2k miles on it. ( 70 y/o original owner who had bucket list dreams of hitting vorpal speed, and hes partial to polite people.) im off to pick it up this weekend. its got some mods ( increased handlebar hieght, micron mufflers and a double bubble windshield) but will be sporting bags soon as well. ( been on harleys for the last 18 years as main bike, cant NOT have storage:D) my last sport bike was an o3 kawa zx7r. the engine gave up the ghost in 2011 (113k miles on it, it had served as an honored steed) I ended up giving the carcass to a bro who had one with 22k on it for spare parts.

Stability at speed is one of the calling cards of the Hayabusa but keep in mind that a stock Busa has around 100 more ponies than any HD. You're gonna have a really good time! :)

Stability at speed is one of the calling cards of the Hayabusa but keep in mind that a stock Busa has around 100 more ponies than any HD. You're gonna have a really good time! :)
ive ridden one already, although the powerband on what i rode likely isnt a fair comparison to a stock one ( turboed gen 1) my last and admittedly old street bike was a kawa xz7 that was well past 100k wasnt half the bike my pals busa is, which is the whole point of why i started looking. hes a 260 lb 6'4" guy and he has zero issue with getting speed with his turbo busa. ( ill likely keep mine stock on engine, im one of those that buys a bike and either flips it or rides it til it dies of old age. this is intended to be a rider to keep my city miles down on my bagger. If it proves to be comfortable enough as i suspect, it will likely be the 500 mile a day ride and ill spare my HD for long cross country rides. but the only real test on that is actually doing it. ( picking mine up this friday, already scheduling a 1k butt burner with pals from vegas to grand junction, CO and back) after that initial run ill have a much clearer understanding of where it fits in my plan, ill also know exactly what i need to address to make it fit. Id considered sport tourers but most often theyre not much offered beyond what my hd can do already, so it made little sense to buy a bike that puts me in the same seating postion, has the same top end speed, is less comfy with less storage and less creature features ( MP3, air ride seat, big fairing, gps, IE sofa with 2 wheels) i actually kinda think the lower CC on many sport tourer bikes detrimental vs a street glide. the capacity of what can be pulled with the hd vs the sport tour seems a great deal more. so... thats now i got to the busa, big enough to drag me around, tons more hp and speed, more aggressive seating, Ie more fun ride but still able to address issues that most sport bikes present, can get aftermarket lift for bars, can lower seat and ride height. etc.. Id narrowed it down to cbr 1000 xz-14 and hayabusa, The clincher was the degree in which aftermarket had came to the rescue to allieviate issues faced by getting old:D and the hayabusa has ALL the options.. where the other two may have a few..

to be fair also. im no fool when it comes to hd, the only manufacturer that consistantly refuses to modernize. yet as a "touring" bike, there is no comparison in resale. values on most all other brands drop drastically in comparison, while " customizing " isnt something im overtly interested in ( that hwole makin a bike look like a carnival ride) i am a fan of fitment and making bike work with you and in that area, there is no other potential aftermarket competition for HDs, id not be surprised to find a "piss in motion" set up for them.. this last one I got in 2015 I waffled heavily in favor of an indian, resale was the deciding factor. just in case something amazing comes along i can unload the hd in 1/4 the time for whats still a fair price vs waiting a year to get an unfair sell on an indian. ( motus bikes im looking at now, waiting to see where they go with it and how well they cater to long riders.)

Another factor in favor of the Busa, especially for touring is if the rider has long arms. In my case I don't need heli bars or risers. My 37" arms allow just the right lean so my back is fine. Shorter arms demand a higher and closer 'bar' or the back muscles and wrists suffer. My only complaint is going down hill slowly on a tree lined two lane. I can still see the trees but I want to see the tops of the trees w/o stretching my neck. :) I prefer the standard riding position like my CBX at most speeds but at higher speeds, the Busa wins out.

Back