Busa wont turn over.

Got_Grip

Registered
So I have a 2008 Hayabusa took everything apart to paint. Got everything back put most of it back together and bike started for a min but then shut if off because wanted to put more fuel in it, tried to start it back up and it didn't fire.

1. So did some troubleshooting and took the air box off and checked the spark plugs and the looked pretty black and wet so went and got new ones same stock kind.

2. Battery felt kinda dead so got a new one ( I know you can buy a new battery and it not work properly.)

3. I tried to kick start it and it sounded like it wanted to turn but didn't.

4. Last I checked the fuses and none of them are blown so I cant figure it out.

The bike ran fine before now it doesn't I have been troubleshooting everything I can think of since I took it apart. I know it has to be something from me taking it apart I did take the fuel pump out but put it back the way I took it out. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Edit: The one thing I could think of is the stator.

Did you double check your fuel connections? Might of had a wire come out of the plug or loose. Had same issue on my 07 about 1.5 yrs ago when I took my plastics off to have painted and 1 of the 4 wires in the connector to the fuel pump actually came depinned.

sounds like it isn't getting fuel...might have ran for a second with fuel left in the lines, then died. I am probably wrong, but just wanted to throw my .02 in. I hope you get it figured out man, it's frustrating I know. :pullhair:

so just to get this straight.....does the bike crank over when you press ignition or does it not crank at all? also you didnt mess with your kickstand did you?

And superchargedv8 when you press the ignition it cranks but will not fire, clutch spins everything but wont fire. I checked everything to make sure nothing was pinched or anything was loose and everything checked out fine. Also no I did not mess with my kickstand

................................................. Are you sure its not a dirt bike? You kick started it? New mod? :laugh: :worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless:

You didn't accidental flip the engine kill switch to off did you? Little red switch on right handlebar lol

Hey guys .just got my 2006 painted and after the guy put it back togheter the bike won't turn over,and I mean you press the start botton and it's dead.lights and everything else works.please is there anybody that could help me??? thank youin advance:banghead:

Hey guys .just got my 2006 painted and after the guy put it back togheter the bike won't turn over,and I mean you press the start botton and it's dead.lights and everything else works.please is there anybody that could help me??? thank youin advance:banghead:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Just don't try to kick start it. It will hurt your foot :laugh:

I don't know if you guys are serious or serious trolls but make sure you check all the interlocks and make sure the battery is fully charged. Kickstand, clutch, neutral, killswitch, for starters. Was the bike wrecked ? If so check the tip over switch

Back