Busa vs. ZX-14?

The ZX-14 is a great bike...the king of smooth.

ZX-14
Better brakes
Smoother motor and tranny

Busa
More omph down low (which is where most of your "normal" driving is)

Both bikes are very close, it really comes down to looks.
There is no wrong choice...which one appeals to you more.

OF COURSE...had Suzuki done a FULL redesign for the once a decade update...
we wouldn't be having this conversation. :banghead: yet again.

The Gen II update went so well...selling so many...we don't even get 2010
models in the U.S. till they can liquidate the 2009. Yeah I know, a lot of it
is the economy but regardless, maybe a lot of Gen I owner don't feel like
doing the trade in and paying $6,000 for the extra 8 hp. I know I'm not.

Had the update been truely smoking...I'd be scheming, wheeling dealing my :moon:
off trying to get one. So I guess I should really thank Suzuki :laugh:

i have both....i think the 14 is more comfortable for long rides...and accelerates smoother.....but my busa has a endless aftermarket line that my 14 will never have the benefit of..

in the end...victory lives in the aftermarket arena....cause nobody brags about they're "stock" bike...

bench

I have owned both.
The busa is a better overall bike, better handling, power low, huge aftermarket accessories
the kawasaki is way more comfortable with great brakes

buy what your eyes like more:cheerleader:

But the 14 is just UGLY :laugh:
You can sure say that again. Here's a pic of a ZX14 right after it tried runnin' with the king!
sadzx14.jpg
(props to whoever photoshopped that pic. great job!)

sadzx14.jpg

I was looking at buying an 09 white busa. Man that thing is beautiful. They wanted $13,052.00 out the door tax, tag, and tiltle. Had been looking on Craigs list and found a 06 zx 14 for $5900 with 560 miles on it with muzzy slip ons. I bought the 14 and love it. I would have loved the busa too but for half price I could not pass on the 14.

Plus ifyou ride a 14, people may think your gay, no offense to gay people or zx14 riders, just sayin...:whistle:

I was looking at buying an 09 white busa. Man that thing is beautiful. They wanted $13,052.00 out the door tax, tag, and tiltle. Had been looking on Craigs list and found a 06 zx 14 for $5900 with 560 miles on it with muzzy slip ons. I bought the 14 and love it. I would have loved the busa too but for half price I could not pass on the 14.

....and people think BUSA's have bad resale...YIKES! :eek:

I was reading the 1st page and a half some of the 2nd skipped the 3rd and read most of the 4th and I'm not gonna write a page and a half about which is better cuz there is alot of good information. I enjoy my busa. but the one think that I didnt see on here is the think i hate the most about the zx14 is the old school HELMET LOCKING SYSTEM. The worst ever. Thats all i wanted to say.

I just don't like the way the tailsection was put together. Not a whole lot of room in the trunk area for much.

Out of every single ZX-14 that I have seen, this is the ONLY one that I think looks good.

You know i have admit that the look of the 14 has grown on me. I kinda like it. That said, I still like the look of the busa better.

Back