Busa vs. kaw zx10?

ronniemac

Registered
My friend and I both have busas. Mine is a 04 and his is a 01. We have a mutual friend that has a 05 Kawasaki ZX10R. He beat the balls off of us on a straight away not to mention he was more agile during the turns. When I was at 170 mph. He seemed to have even more throttle. His bike was stock as was our's. What's up wit dat?

Is his name Shinya Nikano?
laugh.gif
(Kaw's MotoGP team ....)

kawi does ONE thing right (cause they have nothing else going for them)....

RAM AIR.

get your buddy down low...never race him starting any higher than 2nd gear.....if he's lighter than you and that 10 is 100lbs lighter...then there's a destinct advantage already.

thought all you NY boyz did was pimp and stunt...
rock.gif

wink.gif

Dont take a ZX-10 or any other liter too lightly. They make em with just as much rwhp as the busa in a package that's 100 lbs lighter. Nimble and powerful. Basically racebikes. But it does come down to rider vs. rider when matched up against a liter.

How much do you guys weigh? Not long ago me a K6 and an '06 10 were gunning our bikes. They were ahead of me when we started. Actually it was between them 2 and I decided to join. Anyways, the K6 rider outweighs me by 70 to 80 lbs and the 10 pilot has me by around 50 lbs. It was pretty much locked from 80 to 150, thereafter I started gaining on them. The K6 has an Arata, PC, and Yoshi cam. The 10 only has a PC. I have the BDE pipe and PC.

At about 170 they let up and so did I, but I was reeling them in bit by bit when we did so.

Look at it this way, after several hundred miles you'll still be going, and the ZX10 guys will be looking for a chiropractor
laugh.gif

sad.gif
Kinda sucks getting beat by a liter bike. Didn't know a ZX10 would run us so well. bummer man... I was hoping to find out they couldn't hang with us busa owners... Sounds like the hp is what I've read about...

My friend and I both have busas. Mine is a 04 and his is a 01. We have a mutual friend that has a 05 Kawasaki ZX10R. He beat the balls off of us on a straight away not to mention he was more agile during the turns. When I was at 170 mph. He seemed to have even more throttle. His bike was stock as was our's. What's up wit dat?
Nothing a little dyno time with the following goodies can't remedy!

1. aftermarket pipe
2. Power Commander/Air filter
3. PRACTICE

Nothing a little dyno time with the following goodies can't remedy!

1. aftermarket pipe
2. Power Commander/Air filter
3. PRACTICE
The only time the term "get on the pipe" is good......  
face7.gif
 <---crackhead... pipe... get it... I "crack" myself up...

I don't get it. You sure your ZX-10 buddy's bike is stock? My best friend and track day partner also rides a ZX-10. Stock for stock, I could get him in the straights. It got worse as the speed increased. Are you shifting at 10 grand?

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149585277 -->

I don't get it.  You sure your ZX-10 buddy's bike is stock?  My best friend and track day partner also rides a ZX-10.  Stock for stock, I could get him in the straights.  It got worse as the speed increased.  Are you shifting at 10 grand?
Hell, almost nobody leaves their sportbike stock.....and if you can't see the mods they sure aint gonna admit it
wink.gif
My bikes has Viper race cans on it....and thats all I'm gonna admit to unless you prove otherwise
laugh.gif

I know a guy that has a 10 he stripped all the id off of....most folks think its a 6R....and he lets them think it all the way up to the major spanking lol. Plus he's got some sweet internal mods, dontcha' hate those sleepers ?
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Just because somebody says their bikes stock don't assume it is. Its hard to tell if a bikes been geared down/cammed/bored ect till its pulling away....

laugh.gif

i feel your pain ronnie..I ride with a 05 zx 10 and my with my brother who has a 06 gsxr 1000. They spank me all day long. The 10 is geared With a pipe and power commander and the gsxr has a pipe and a power commander. I am just running slip ons. I let the 10 and the gsxr battle it out . It sucks to beat with my brother"s ego
tounge.gif

I don't get it.  You sure your ZX-10 buddy's bike is stock?  My best friend and track day partner also rides a ZX-10.  Stock for stock, I could get him in the straights.  It got worse as the speed increased.  Are you shifting at 10 grand?
Hell, almost nobody leaves their sportbike stock.....and if you can't see the mods they sure aint gonna admit it  
wink.gif
My bikes has Viper race cans on it....and thats all I'm gonna admit to unless you prove otherwise  
laugh.gif

I know a guy that has a 10 he stripped all the id off of....most folks think its a 6R....and he lets them think it all the way up to the major spanking lol. Plus he's got some sweet internal mods, dontcha' hate those sleepers ?
mad.gif

laugh.gif
Just because somebody says their bikes stock don't assume it is. Its hard to tell if a bikes been geared down/cammed/bored ect till its pulling away....
Mines stock cept for the exhaust
tounge.gif

Especially if your on anything but a Busa! Just ask....

laugh.gif

Correction guys, it was an 06 Kawasaki. Not that is matters. Maybe the guy did have some mods that he kept to himself.

wink.gif
laugh.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif
Mines stock cept for the exhaust
tounge.gif

Especially if your on anything but a Busa! Just ask....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have run into some strong liter bikes myself. Weight to HP ratio is sweet on the 1000's.

Back