Busa Mileage

My 09 1k has 1000 plus miles on it and my 08 busa just turned 9k.....with the 02 1k at 28k..... my mileage gets split up by the 3 bike, car, and truck!

37,000 one mine... never been apart... runs awsome still..... I am amazed how much i rev it out.
It's been on the revlimiter soooooo many times. Only thing i ever did _____once__ was speed shift it 1st to 2nd... just too much violence.. for the gear box....i always pull in the clutch change to the next gear. Or back off the gas and do a clutchless shift..but not very often.
I still worry abit about blowing a rod through the cases....maybe it only happens with a low oil level ??
Buying a used one ... clean with around 20K....or less. prolly OK. :whistle:

I think the litre bikes are ridden by a younger group of riders on average. The Busa is more adult owned and most of the time taken care of better. When I go to purchase a used bike I look at the bike and the owner. Mileage doesn't matter for the most part to me... I do have over 10k on my Gen II and it runs and rides like new.

Ben,
I was at least the 3th owner of my 99 Copper/Silver with 19,000 miles on it when I got it. I put 6000 miles on it commuting, with many, many 170+mph runs included ....never a problem, rock solid to the day I sold it...the motors are bullitt proof.

The kbb prices are resonable because these bikes stand the test of wear and tear time and time again and they would fetch those prices in a better economy.
I would prefer to buy from a local, one owner...which is what I did with my 03

I have 53000 on my 05 now, and it still looks and runs as good as the day I bought it. They are well built bikes if you take care of them. :)

Also keep in mind that Gen 1 clocks (don't know about gen 2) can be re-set to whatever mileage yiu want, so go by the mileage on the title....

Back