Busa Hasn't No Power

jamhulsey

Registered
i just got my 06 Busa running from it sitting for over 5 years. It idled fine and I've changed all the fluids, plugs, and injectors as well as cleaned out the gas tank and fuel pump. When I got on to ride it today I gunned it and I got a moped style take off. No spin, no front wheel lift. Just a granny style putput off the line. I'm glad no one was watching because it was just plane sad. I'm thinking it could be the fuel map or something I can't figure out. Any thoughts?

Try some Fuel injector cleaner, check for loose battery and fuel connections.
Just saw a post about stator with low voltage. I feel your pain, mines been sitting for some time now too.

Last edited:
Could be the fuel pump has given up, there's a fine filter in the plastic moulding that is bolted to the fuel pump, these become blocked, I didn't even know it existed, until reading about it here, if your bikes been standing for that long, it's very possible this filter is blocked.
There a guy on here that has given details on how to modify/bypass the filter because it's stupid expensive from Suzuki.
Attached are the photos from his post
P.s you will need to put another filter in the line, outside of the tank (if you bypass this filter), which means jubilee clamps, some fuel hose and a generic car fuel filter, he suggested the one in the photo as an example but others will do.

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

Last edited:
You said in an earlier post that you changed the injectors, is that true?
Did the bike shop offer any suggestions?

You said in an earlier post that you changed the injectors, is that true?
Did the bike shop offer any suggestions?

It's true, that was before I cleaned out the tank so either gunk from the old gas got back in the new injector screens or it's an unrelated issue. I'm thinking possibly fuel regulator if not the injectors. The bike shop said they serviced a 2012 Busa with the same problem and the only thing hat fixed it was running a full tank with injector cleaner in it. I'm at 3/4 of the way through a tank with a bottle of Lucas in it at the moment and it's still sputtering.

Injectors don't block up/fail (in my experience) as much as people suggest.
I've been helping a guy not far from me in the uk, most of his problems were down to contaminated fuel, busa tanks rust out so bad, i think it might lower the octane level of the fuel, he was told to fill up his tank with 21literes of coke (not the white powder) and leave it in there for a few days, he said, it came up like a new tank and now his busa is flying again.
Running problems can be caused by electrical, fuel or mechanical.
What about that filter next to the fuel pump? Try and find that guys 'thread' his write up is in one of the photos I posted from his thread.

Back