busa fighter build

my favorite fighter build so far. and very close to my fav build so far.

I love those spondon arms. I've seen them on a few bikes from the other side of the "pond".

How much power will they take without bracing? I've seen them on what look to be pro-street type bikes without any visible bracing. In black they'd be great for a sleeper type bike.

Looks great! What is the gauge next to the boost guage?

temp when you run a motogadget its got no temp guage wish id known that before i bought it however would probably still have bought one due to the rep and build all i had to do in the end was cut into the samcos and put a sendor in job done :lol:

hi all thanks for the feedback
aint posted for a while
the update bike was running rough and when on power felt like it had a fuelling prob
now out of my league so got the bike down to ken coopers for him to sort has lots of experiance with turbo busas and a big rep here in england and runs them at santa pod also fom what im told did 2 years with velocity racing in the states so its in good hands
so far only issue has been getting hold of a lead for the ecu ken managed to get one on loan and its just arived a company in ireland called hole shot who originally set up the bike have been brilliant sent the original mapping over software and the loan of a lead
so hopefull will have some good news this week and be tearing it up
(note to self need to buy that lead £150 is a bit much for a bloody lead):whistle:

an update

so far its been a bloddy nightmare if it can go wrong it has starting with 2 weeks for a lead for the ecu better than spending 160 on buying one i supose
one fuel hose was fractured, sorted. bike was running lean on dyno hugh misfire no power after 180bhp. inspect and balance t/bs
repaired pick up wire and replumbed turbo smart and rewired
still wouldent respond to mapping
stripped out plennnum and throttle boddies checked pump and filter found the filter was ****ed like proper ****ed
throttle bodies had bent butterfly repaired and replaced filter. re balanced
back on the dyno was better but now massively rich remapped but kept drifting in and out
so contacted sbd for info and took the bike to sbd for fault finding looks like the software was 4 years old got the ecu software upgradded and found the compensations inputed wrong so adjusted
t/bs still playing up and coolent sensor not steady
some more rewiring and change coolent sensor
back on dyno starts to map and run ok keeps loosing boost
furthur inspection in the workshop found that the headers were cracked
all the way around (main section were it goes 4 into one)
so good news all the probs found so far headers comming off monday when i get back from work then probably off to stainless dave to weld them up properly then back to ken to remap
bike rides lovely and he sorted out the throttle issue just needs to come onto boost recon kens used up a lot of favours on my behalf
will post up the ****ed headers once i got them off
so much for rebuild and ride:rolleyes:

what a couple of weeks
a big thank you to dan for sorting out the studs in the turbo
dave for welding and turning the headers around in 24 hours
esm for getting the header flange milled flat in one day
and kjb busa for the oil cooler and not forgetting exile
for giving us a hand to put the turbo back on
all sorted and on the road
all thats left to do is get it back to kens for some sorting reving a little high and to sort the boost out
got its studio shoot done today thanks will rob dave a good day out

P1050341.jpg

P1050340.jpg

P1050339.jpg

an intresting way of getting the bike to the studio:)

P1050612.jpg

due to the current state of the economy even sf mag has had to cut back so wilma jobbins to the rescue we left before the mankini came out

P1050639.jpg

P1050654.jpg

P1050657.jpg

P1050676.jpg

got ya monkey boy:)

P1050677.jpg

P1050679.jpg

P1050661.jpg

P1050642.jpg

P1050629.jpg

P1050627.jpg

and thanks guys for making elise welcome

P1050673.jpg

will update the studio shots when i get them with the usual flesh shots ect

Man I love me some fighters. Need to get the money to do one myself.

Greats pics also.

Huge respect fella, that is some stunning work!!

Maybe bump into you at the Pod some time - like to see it in the flesh.

We're hoping to do the RWYB on September 3rd, camping over on site...

If I can't sort my current clutch issue on the Busa by then I'll still go but on my Bandit 12 - I'd be pretty dissapointed though as not had the chance to drag the Busa yet.

I'll be checking out SF magazine - any idea which issue you're likely to feature in?

We're hoping to do the RWYB on September 3rd, camping over on site...

If I can't sort my current clutch issue on the Busa by then I'll still go but on my Bandit 12 - I'd be pretty dissapointed though as not had the chance to drag the Busa yet.

I'll be checking out SF magazine - any idea which issue you're likely to feature in?

not sure yet they want the bike at nec motorcycle show so possibly will be that issue
il post up when i know what area you in?
just sused it bournmouth:)

i can't find that mag over here. anyone feel like dropping one in the mail? or "post" if it's coming from england? or pdf scan the article and maybe email it, lol.

i can't find that mag over here. anyone feel like dropping one in the mail? or "post" if it's coming from england? or pdf scan the article and maybe email it, lol.

remind me when i post up its happened and il sort something

some updates
decided to get rid of the cooler knew it was close to the wheel
but found that its definatly rubbing under braking so dont really wanna find out
what happens when i have to slam them on other niggly bit is that the cooler touches the turbo which vibrates like **** so bite the bullet off to think automotive who did me a good deal on a new cooler lines and fittings
off to see bill on wed to get the revs sorted and some dyno time so i can get out and enjoy whatever summer we have left
sfc sorting me lights out and motogadgets speedo back to germany to get sorted looks like in blew a diode somehow:rolleyes:

2-1.jpg

just so you get an idea how close the cooler was to that wheel

P1050718.jpg

loads of space now

P1050714.jpg

how small is that been told they are more efficient than a standard cooler anyone explain it to me properly? in baby english

P1050715.jpg

P1050720.jpg

P1050721.jpg

P1050738.jpg

P1050741.jpg

last job was to remount the cooler bottle on the other side reroute tubing
simples

P1050729.jpg

supose id better update
got the bike down to bills (dynomutt)sorted out the revs but still hunting but now usable had a lug break off on the rad got that sorted and rewelded bill also sorted out a leak on the sump and decided to sort out the clocks
carl is still sorting out a carbon insert for the ram air and healight cover in carbon think were gonna go with the busa jap logo cut out of it
carl did finish it but went at it with a hammer when his kid said it looked like a jammy dodger!!!!!
bike went back onto bill dyno good news tick over sorted goes well up to 4k bad news then badly goes rich was putting out 120bhp at 3.5k revs thats pretty much tickover :)

th_IMG_0642.jpg

so needs remapping decided to buy the leads needed to connect ecu to laptop got the software the ecu already been flashed with the latest software and spoke to jack at holeshot whos sending me the original mapping (really helpfull bloke) when it was pushing 287bhp so a good base to work from
thats it for now been sying that for ages cross fingers next two weeks back to sunny cornwall for bill to sort and get this beast running correctly

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like lots of fully customized Hayabusas, but this thing is FREAKING AMAZING!

You've definitely got some crazy skills! Where did you learn to do that kind of fabrication???

Back