Busa down............Something bad happened!

Time to start checking stuff plugs, comp, did it blow water into the res tank? if the plugs are not beat up thats a good sign, do a comp ck and leakdown from what you say does not sound like timing chain may have melted something...... good luck
Already did the compression check. All four cylinders tested at right around 175 to 180 on a cold bike. As for the plugs, they were a little white, except for cylinder number 1, it was normal the other three looked lean. Dr. Smithers told me to check my MAP sensor on the bike, where going to find one around here & switch it out see what the bike does.
sadnews.gif

If the cylinders still have 175+psi, its something else. Now its time to start checking for spark/fuel etc. Something else is missing for it not to run. I'd check for spark first, then verify fuel pressure. If both of those check out, then its time to start testing the sensors...(MAP, Crank, cam etc).....

Its definetly not melted with 175psi....if it was toasted, even lightly toasted, you would have well under 100psi....if any at all so thats a good sign for you..

You held the throttle 100% open when doing the comp test right?

Did any of the sparkplugs have little silver furballs on them ?
if it runs look for a pulsing breathing from the crankcase. both indications of toasted pistons.
If its rattling pull the cam cover and check your cam timing.but timing chain issues are not common on 01 and later bikes with the hydraulic tensioner upgrade.

If the cylinders still have 175+psi, its something else. Now its time to start checking for spark/fuel etc. Something else is missing for it not to run. I'd check for spark first, then verify fuel pressure. If both of those check out, then its time to start testing the sensors...(MAP, Crank, cam etc).....

Its definetly not melted with 175psi....if it was toasted, even lightly toasted, you would have well under 100psi....if any at all so thats a good sign for you..

You held the throttle 100% open when doing the comp test right?
Yes, tested all four, throttle held wide open on all four. We are going to switch out the map sensor next, see if that helps at all. I will try to work on getting the video so I can post it online. Thanks for your input!

winkold.gif

Did any of the sparkplugs have little silver furballs on them ?
if it runs look for a pulsing breathing from the crankcase. both indications of toasted pistons.
If its rattling pull the cam cover and check your cam timing.but timing chain issues are not common on 01 and later bikes with the hydraulic tensioner upgrade.
No, nothing yet, no fur balls, mine is an 02 busa,

Is your fuel pressure good? No kinked lines? The ticking noise leads me to believe it may not be a simple external problem. I hope it is just a simple fix though. Are you running a Power Commander? If so, unplug it and start the bike with just the ecu plugged in.

I will try that, the power commander thing, also going to try a different map and boost sensor, I am going to do some more tests this weekend on it, see what I can find.

Thanks!

Cody
beerchug.gif

Back