Busa cutting off and F1 light flashing?

Well I took it to a shop and of course they can't get it to mess up on them. They said it was most likely my power commander so I just told them to unplug it. I pick it up today to see if it works which I highly doubt. So if it doesn't the shop will here from me!

Don't run it to long or hard without a PC. You have a full system and aftermarket air filter. You might lean the bike out and cause damage.

I'm not an expert but you'll probably need to do something with the PC if it turns out to be bad. From memory you said you loaded a stock map in the PC, why not reload the map for your mods ?

Best of luck.

Issues I see possible:

PC
Kinked fuel line
Clogged/Clogging fuel filter
Bad Gas/rust in tank

Unplug the PC first and ride around and see if it dies. It might not run perfectly, but it shouldn't die if the PC was the problem.
Check your fuel lines and filter.
Clean the injectors yourself or have them professionally cleaned. (~$25each)
Might want to change the plugs just for fun.

They took out the PC and i drove it home with no problems so im wondering if my PC is going bad. Is there anyway i can get the PC replaced without paying? I wanna drive it some more to make sure thats its but i dont want to mess anything up? If i just drive normally without the PC what kind of damage can happen? Im not racing it or anything.

You know what the bike has been doing. Take it for a ride and if it doesn't mess up get a new PC. Thinking about $300 bucks vs. $3000 motor repair.

Or check with Greg smithbusa about ECU editor and flash the ECU.

They took out the PC and i drove it home with no problems so im wondering if my PC is going bad. Is there anyway i can get the PC replaced without paying? I wanna drive it some more to make sure thats its but i dont want to mess anything up? If i just drive normally without the PC what kind of damage can happen? Im not racing it or anything.

IMO<--- nothing will happen... the PC was just giving the bike a different fuel map. taking it off just returns the fuel map back to stock so should be OK!:beerchug: If you are looking into something different than the PC check this out, HealTech FI Tuner Pro Fuel Injection Controller for GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-10 - Electrical & Speedohealer - Solo Moto Parts

IMO<--- nothing will happen... the PC was just giving the bike a different fuel map. taking it off just returns the fuel map back to stock so should be OK!:beerchug: If you are looking into something different than the PC check this out, HealTech FI Tuner Pro Fuel Injection Controller for GSX1300R Hayabusa 99-10 - Electrical & Speedohealer - Solo Moto Parts

THIS! Your bike will not lean out or damage anything with a stock fuel map, air filter and exhaust. Ride it!!!!!!!

Well, maybe I've got this wrong then, but when I added my full exhaust to my '08 and ran it for three weeks without a PC and the FI light burning bright my exhaust tip was as clean as the day I installed it, however since installing the PC on my bike the FI light has disappeared and mike exhaust tip immediately became brown / black with exhaust soot. Most not all, but most Busa's I've come across do burn this way. I don't know :whistle:

And know it won't hurt it to ride a little to find out you need a new PC or other means of tuning your ride.

Well, maybe I've got this wrong then, but when I added my full exhaust to my '08 and ran it for three weeks without a PC and the FI light burning bright my exhaust tip was as clean as the day I installed it, however since installing the PC on my bike the FI light has disappeared and mike exhaust tip immediately became brown / black with exhaust soot. Most not all, but most Busa's I've come across do burn this way. I don't know :whistle:

And know it won't hurt it to ride a little to find out you need a new PC or other means of tuning your ride.

My 08 had a full R77, and currently has a K&N, gutted converter and slip ons. The plugs look new and the FI light has never came on(minus a tip over sensor problem). Ask a good tuner, it's not running lean or damaging anything.

Well I was talking about a real pipe that flows and easily exceeds the factory ECU, but if you'll take note of his avatar he's riding a Gen I which doesn't match the ECU ability of the Gen II.

With a less flowing system and if you could retain the O2 I've heard the ECU can keep up. Of course using ECU editing no problems.

Maybe some of those expert tuners will catch this thread

Well I was talking about a real pipe that flows and easily exceeds the factory ECU, but if you'll take note of his avatar he's riding a Gen I which doesn't match the ECU ability of the Gen II.

With a less flowing system and if you could retain the O2 I've heard the ECU can keep up. Of course using ECU editing no problems.

Maybe some of those expert tuners will catch this thread

Full R77 is a real pipe. Gen1 and 2 are of course different. Real tuners have commented on this before. I won't quote them, but hope one of them will once again end this myth. Bikes run better tuned, but they don't burn down without one with a pipe and air filter.

Well I'm gonna ride the bike without the PC for now. I'll eventually get a new one cuse I want more power. That's the whole reason I bought the bike Cuse my 900 was boring me! Thanks for the information guys! Hopefully I'll find out for sure if this is the problem. I'll update you guys on Monday!

Well I'm gonna ride the bike without the PC for now. I'll eventually get a new one cuse I want more power. That's the whole reason I bought the bike Cuse my 900 was boring me! Thanks for the information guys! Hopefully I'll find out for sure if this is the problem. I'll update you guys on Monday!

Boostbysmith.com, the Ecu Editor, far superior to power commander and much cheaper.

Ok I don't know what's going on with this thing. I rode it to work and it cut off on me twice. This time I was riding about 3-4000 rpm through the city. It did fine on the highway. My speedometer is waaaay off, idk see how that also
Couldnt have something to do with it? I bought the speedo healer and plan on hooking it up this week. I'm gonna try that and if that doesn't do it then it's
Off to the shop I guess.

Look into your gas tank....is it clean or rusty?

If it has any rusty look to it....Pull your tank (drain it first) and pull off your fuel pump, open it up and see if it has rust settled in it. Clean it out if it does.

I think some run sea foam through also to help clean system?...I never have, so I cant comment on that.

I have an 05 that sat for several years...5 to be exact... and the tank was rusty...not too bad..but rusty. I took it off and clean/sealed it.

What gearing do you have on it? If you got the speedohealer it should fix the speedometer. I had to adjust my 06 12% with the gear change I did.

Have you tried the battery? The battery on these bikes controls A LOT. Mine was dying in low RPMs and choppy up top. My both battery terminals were lose, now she runs perfectly.

Check that and replace the battery with a friend's. (or just buy a $75 one from autozone.)

Back