Busa Bolt Ons

bigern_05Busa

Ad augusta per angusta
Donating Member
Registered
I plan to put either D&D or Akrapovic bolt-ons on my Busa.  I have spent a ton of time researching all brands and having heard plenty up close, I think these two sound the best to me.  My question is, in trying to avoid the dealerships list of 50 adjustments to be made, upon putting these on will I have to remap, install new jet kit, etc.?  I have read numerous posts and gone from one end of this forum to the other and haven't been able to answer this question completely.  I'm not a mechanical wizard when it comes to my baby.  I just keep the fluids topped off, keep big red washed and waxed, and hold on as we push each others limits.  Would appreciate any feedback with this...05 Red/Black Busa

Welcome. The busa has EFI so jetting does not apply here. Assuming you're talking about replacement canisters then my understanding with slip-ons is that remapping or the use of a power commander is not necessary. Regardless, you may get a modest power gain with after market canister exhaust. Good luck.

Before you get bolt/slip-ons, why not get a full system.  If you can't afford it, ok, but there are good deals out there and on this board.

If you're looking for hp gain, you will not get it from bolt/slip-ons.  A full system that ends in 1 can greatly reduces your exhaust's weight and makes chain maintenance much easier.  All bolt/slip-ons do is looks and noise.

You do not need a pc3(remap fuel/air) with bolt/slip-ons.  You can use one, just don't need it.  Simply bolt/slip them on.

If $$$ is the driving force, compare the cost of 2 akro cans against a full system that ends in 1 can. I think you'll find its not that much more.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138573206 -->

+1 Charlesbusa ....I got 2 D&D slip ons ...good sound , but that's about it ...guess I'll do the full exhaust later

I dig my Akra bolt ons high quality, holding up really well. D&D, Loud but Budget, systems I have seen have been decent but the Akro's are nicer.

No need for re-map or any silliness more than likely, simply bolt on and go. That's the benefit of Bolt on's, strap em' on and go.

Before you get bolt/slip-ons, why not get a full system.  If you can't afford it, ok, but there are good deals out there and on this board.

If you're looking for hp gain, you will not get it from bolt/slip-ons.  A full system that ends in 1 can greatly reduces your exhaust's weight and makes chain maintenance much easier.  All bolt/slip-ons do is looks and noise.

You do not need a pc3(remap fuel/air) with bolt/slip-ons.  You can use one, just don't need it.  Simply bolt/slip them on.

If $$$ is the driving force, compare the cost of 2 akro cans against a full system that ends in 1 can.  I think you'll find its not that much more.
+1 save your money and do the full system and a PC....bolt ons don't provide any noticable power gains...only sound good
wink.gif

No brainer here,the akrapovic cans are nice,but for a bit more,you could have the full system,but if youre only wanting a good look and sound get the cans by them,D&D uhhh...NO!

Akro. If I go with exhaust, it will be akropovic.

Definitely not D&D.

Back