Busa As A First Bike

jamesphan77

Registered
Hi guys

I've been riding scooter for over 4 years now so I do have some experience on handling a 2-wheeled vehicle. I intend to take the MSF basic rider course, get my license and buy a '09 busa. Do you think that it is a viable option? I've looked at a lot of 650cc but the busa just feels like the right one for me.

I went from a 60 hp Harley to a 150 hp Gen I(back in '02)and my thought as I rolled out of the parking lot was "maybe I should just take this thing right back" because of the noticeable power difference even while easing on down the street...after a couple weeks of feeling it out I was hammering the dog poop out of it.:laugh:

You'll meet the nicest people too .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrN-gX0UNuihWKAYQZSs6sfnRFzZ4vN7zTdieTBNJTFCuaec3rTw.jpg

search this site for hayabusa as first bike. its been gone over more than oil and tires i think.

Search this site for Hayabusa as first bike .

It's been gone over more than oil and tires I think ?

maxresdefault.jpg

You know that I've changed the oil on my motorcycles by myself . . .

Some of us choose different types of motor oil & tires ?

Shell T 6 synthetic has worked just fine for me !

Shinko 005 Advance works just fine too !

So buy whatever you like to use.

These work just fine for me.

Thank you very kindly.

Red, *<(;{)-

s-l300.jpg

I started out with an R6 in Hawaii, then moved up to R1. Sold it while stationed in Germany. I came back to the states and bought a Busa. Obviously each bike is different but my biggest fear was the weight. I wasn't too worried about the power because its something you can control. You should be fine but I would highly suggest on taking it easy and get the feel of the bike at first. Let us know which one you've decided to get. Good luck

I ride a GROM! I figure I could pretty will hurt myself on that thing as easy as a Busa. Personally, I don't recommend a Busa as a first bike - I don't mean to preach - you asked. I am a fan of stepping up in size, but there are several people who have handled a Busa as a first bike just fine. Take the MSF course as you said and keep your wrist under control regardless of what you ride - self control is your biggest safety feature.

Ya.

If you can get her to hook up it would be one hell of a ride .

Traction is always a issue with all the power .

hqdefault.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

OK~ with a good Shinko tire .

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(;{)-

It has been asked a lot and my Busa was my first bike. The only other bike I had ever ridden was the one in the MSF course. Before I got on the streets, I went over the drills from the course for a week and then I stayed to the residential areas. Once I was ready to step up, I got a few friends to take group rides. After a few months, I moved here to Germany and took my time learning the roads. Now I'm able to ride my bike close to its potential.

Just be mature about the decisions that you make before twisting the throttle and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Back