Burnout question

kdawg31337

Registered
If you've seen any of my posts, you guys know I'm a newbie here, but I feel this question actually does belong in the general area. If you're doing a burnout, do you guys not worry that the tire will get traction all of a sudden resulting in a beautiful busa backflip? I understand you could try to be ready to press the clutch if something happens, but could you really react quick enough? I actually have no plans to ever perform a burnout on a bike, I would be too sad at the waste of precious and expensive back tire! I am just really curious. Bikes just always make me think about traction and the results of it being there, or leaving you, in a way you don't expect.

Just make sure there arent many beautiful women looking on and it wont happen.
laugh.gif

Well bro if you do a burn out like your suppose to flipping is the last thing that would happen I would be more concern about the bike jumping out to one of the sides more so then flipping, but if the rpms are right and you got good balance I say melt it till it pops...lol

I think you would have to do a burn out to get the feeling-
unweight the rear and let her eat.  Fairly easy and never had a concern of a flip or loosing it.

Avoid burnouts on the "return" bridge in Daytona, the damn rain grooves in the road made my rear look like an F1 tire for 2k miles afterwards.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137420085 -->

It takes forward motion to make a bike wheelie, if your holding the front brake the front end is not going to come up.

Do your burnouts in Second or Third gear brother. This way you'll get that rear spinning so fast ain't no hooking up gonna happen. Your rear tire will be doing 120-145 and you can ride out that John Force sized cloud of smoke baby!

In a first gear burnie, it'll smoke it for quite a ways....then when it gathers some speed, (bout 50 or so) it'll turn into a sweet power wheelie...very cool!

Not that I condone or participate in that sort of squidly behavior........:p

Just what I FIGURE would happen!

Friction is a lot lower when it is spinning than when it is stoped. (Engineer in me talking) If you release the front brake while doing a burnout you will start to move forward and then as you gain speed it may bring the front wheel up but it would be hard to go ahead and flip it before you catch it. It more than likely would just carry it a little.

let er burn, i raced dragbikes for about 11 years now!! i don't think you'll have any prob's

Last time I was doing a burnout, bike started goin' sideways on me. Is that normal? Never been big on the "squidly" behavior......waited too long to get a nice bike, and don't want to take a chance on messin' it up

Just snap into a 4to5k rpm burnout by droppin the clutch. If your body position is correct and your Rs are right youll be Ok.

Back