Buell pegs on my new 08

ericyow

Registered
I bought buell pegs that I never got to put on my 03. Now I want to put them on the 08. Do I still need some sort of bushing to make them work? Anything else I need to know? I want to put them on when I get off work and would like it to be as fast and easy as possible.

Also, the risers I bought for my 03 and never put on, they'll fit just the same on the 08, right?

sadnews.gif

I have heard the 08's need the bushing, and a spring from the 07 or previous to make the Buell pegs work. But someone much smarter than me should be along shortly to give you the real story.

I have yet to do these pegs, but they are planned.

Since they were for your 2003 spring is good,Yes you will need the bushing.

I only bought the pegs, so I don't have the spring. Hmm. Maybe the local dealer will have them?

Can you point me in the right direction for the proper bushing?
I searched, but I can't find anything as explicit as I need it for my feeble brain.
lurk.gif

Just ordered my set today after talking with GSX1300R-T. There is another post running on the topic under the "What Products Do You Make" thread. Do a search for "Buell Peg Mod for 99-08 Busa owners". Lots more info already there - including lots of pics. I highly recommend this guy...as a first impression over the phone...I can't wait for em to get here and was really impressed with his enthusiasm.

ThumbsUp.gif

I highly recommend this guy...as a first impression over the phone...I can't wait for em to get here and was really impressed with his enthusiasm.

ThumbsUp.gif
He does a great job putting together a ready to install mod for those that don't have the time or tools to make the changes needed. Even has a couple of spare clips in case one of the originals is lost or damaged during the install.

Yeah, I've got mine coming too. I was sold when he said he could get them here by Monday. I've got to get them on asap because I'm going on quite the road trip next weekend.

Incidentally, I just put 1" risers on the 08. No pics yet, sorry. But for the record, the little caps that go in the heads of the bolts...well, let's just say I hate them. I broke the first one trying to get them out so I took a hammer and screwdriver to the other 3 and got them out, forcefully.
guns.gif
So, no caps for me anymore, now, unfortunately. They looked clean, but whatever, now. Oh, and I dropped a nut into the belly of the beast! It'd take removing the plastics to find it, I'm sure. When's the next oil change again?

thumb_up.gif
+1 for the bolt head caps...cracked mine trying to get them off to do the 1" riser mod as well. I even knew what to expect with em and was being extra careful. The Stealerships must keep thousands of these laying around as spares...
laugh.gif

Between the 1' rise and these Buell pegs...I'm thinkin I'm gonna love it!

Between the 1' rise and these Buell pegs...I'm thinkin I'm gonna love it!Posted On: May 22 2008, 9:46 PM

shoulda pointed out...I was referring to the 1" handlebar risers (seperate mod). Don't wanna throw anyone a curveball with the above "riser and buell mod" in the same sentence...

I just did my pegs on my blue 08. On my first Gen I did them myself, since I had already purchased them before I hooked up with gsx1300r-T(Joe). When I spoke with him, he gave me a couple of tips and offered to send me just the bushings. Super nice even when I didn't buy from him. They turned out OK. THIS time I purchased from Joe. He sent me a beautiful set that were polished with rounded edges and polished bushings along with a set of 1st Gen springs to complete the package. He had a set already complete. I could not do them as perfectly as he did and he shipped F A S T. He also sends along some nice directions. You can't go wrong going this route based on my experience! By the way, I have bad knees. Without the buell pegs, I'd probably have to ride an FJR or a Connie. These things make all the difference.

Back